Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
vibrunazo
vibrunazo began at the beginning.

Device: Android
How to find my PID?

Hello, I just bought my first kindle e-book on amazon and I downloaded it on my android device. I want to break to DRM to convert it to something else. The book is a .prc file with TOPAZ DRM. I've found the scripts for it on this forum but I need both the book file and the PID to decrypt.

I have only 2 kindle readers, the android reader (motorola droid) and the windows reader (windows 7). But:
- On android I know where the book file is, but I cannot find the PID
- On windows 7, I can find the PID (kindle.info file) but I cannot find where it stores the book on the hard drive

I realize both the book file and the PID are unique per device, so I need either to find the PID on android or the book on windows. How do find either?
vibrunazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The windows books are in your documents folder inside a folder called "My Kindle Content" or at least they should be.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
vibrunazo
vibrunazo began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thanks a lot! I was able to easily convert the .prc to .html now, to my surprise the pid wasn't even necessary. Even better ^^
vibrunazo is offline   Reply With Quote