Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Question about Magic School Bus and other kid's series

I am wondering what people's thoughts are on what kids find specifically appealing about Magic School bus and other such series. I am a K-6 French teacher and I write my own picture books to use with my students, but some of the older ones have been clamoring for a book of their own. I am intrigued with this idea and want to write something very fabulous. It will be similar in the sense that it is about kids and will have a main character who is a teacher, but it will be about French, not science, and will teach kids French words. My initial idea was to include the puppets I use when I teach. Perhaps the teacher has a way to bring the puppets alive somehow.

I know I can nail the 'voice' aspect of that age because I teach those kids, and I am not worried about the plot aspects. I do want to work the French into the story in an organic way so that the kids don't notice it. Not sure how to do it. I guess I would feel more confident if I could better understand what exactly it is that makes the Magic School Bus series and others like it so popular with kids...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:47 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert