Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Calibre and ReadItLater

I noticed that Calibre supports instapaper. How do I add my ReadItLater account or RSS feed to Calibre ? Simply adding the RSS feed does not work, do I need a special way to input my account details ?

How can this be done ? (Details please)
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolson View Post
I noticed that Calibre supports instapaper. How do I add my ReadItLater account or RSS feed to Calibre ? Simply adding the RSS feed does not work, do I need a special way to input my account details ?

How can this be done ? (Details please)
When you click on the instapaper recipe you will see on the right side of window place to enter your instapaper credentials (username and password). Enter them and you can start the download.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
ReadItLater and Instapaper are two different services:

http://readitlaterlist.com/ and http://www.instapaper.com/

I have been using ReadItLater for a while and now I am trying to figure our how can I sync my ToReadLater material to my Sony PRS 900 ereader.

Calibre only has Instapaper and not ReadItLater.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
I signed up for Instapaper yesterday. I grabbed an article and dowloaded it as an epub into a folder on my laptop. I put in Calibre using the "add books" function rather than trying to use the feed. Sent it to my Touch, along with some other files. The thumbnail/cover of it on Calibre looks fine.

When I went to open it on my Touch, the screen goes blank, and then it re-starts . Same "Opening book...." message you get when turning it on from a hard shutdown. The PDF's I sent in the same batch open just fine.

Anybody else have this problem? Does it sound like a problem on Instapaper's side, Calibre's side, or Sony's side
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It would be good to see the actual generated ebook. I assume you used epub?
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
It would be good to see the actual generated ebook. I assume you used epub?
Yes, I used epub. I wonder if it's just a bum file for some reason. I didn't have time to play around last night, but just now I've done a bit. I
1) removed the problem file (had to connect the reader and burrow down through the folders, I don't have a library program on my work computer right now, and can't delete the book directly from the device since it won't open in the first place).

2)Grabbed a different website with instapaper. Downloaded it as an epub. Dowloaded the previous file as an epub (I'm on a different computer now, so had to re-download). Dragged and dropped both files onto my reader.

3) The new file opens just fine. There's some formatting issues, but I kinda figured, nothing major. It's named "instapaper: Wednesday, Feb. 3rd", of course, since I didn't have Calibre or anything to alter the metadata.

4) The other file makes the thing re-start still.

I guess I'll play around some more. Re-delete the bum one. Delete the "good" one and re-download it at home, and try to put it on the reader through Calibre. Grab a different article from the site I got the bum one from. Rinse, lather, repeat!

ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
I realise this is an old thread but no harm in resurrecting it.

The current version of Calibre! does have Readitlater and I sign-up for an account but I can figure-out on the readitlater site how to subscribe to football (soccer) news especially with the World Cup coming-up.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
khalido
khalido began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N95
I'm using 0.7.6 Calibre to download readitlater, and it works - but it doesn't make a table of contents. Is there any way to generate one?
khalido is offline   Reply With Quote