Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
FREE/BARGAIN - Romance + Discussion - 2015

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome! In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day (or sometimes not even that long), so grab them fast!

In addition to the freebies, sales, and coupons we do a weekly purchased/read roundup (voluntary only, but it’s fun to use Calibre’s virtual library feature to take a screengrab in cover view ) We also discuss reading apps and devices, books, and life in general a bit in this thread. Sometimes we go off on seemingly unrelated tangents, but we always find our way back…

Be sure to check the last page of 2014's thread for any deals you may have missed.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

January's books from Discover a New Love

An Affiar Downstairs by Sherri Browning
Spoiler:
The attraction of the forbidden cannot be suppressed…

Lady Alice Emerson is entirely unsatisfied with the endless stream of boring suitors her family finds appropriate. She wants something more. Something daring. Something real. Each tiresome new suitor only serves to further inflame Lady Alice’s combustible attraction to Thornbrook Park’s rugged, manly estate manager, Logan Winthrop. Despite Logan’s stubborn attempts to avoid her, Lady Alice is irresistible, and so is the forbidden desire exploding between them…

If you’re a fan of Downton Abbey, don’t miss the fascinating Edwardian world of Thornbrook Park

One Mad Night by Julia London
Spoiler:
A delightful new contemporary romance novella from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia London.

One winter’s night a blizzard sweeps across the country, demonstrating that fate can change the course of lives in an instant…and fate has got a sense of humor.

Chelsea Crawford and Ian Rafferty are high profile ad execs in cutthroat competition for a client. When a major winter storm puts New York City on lockdown, the two rivals have to make it through the night together—oh, the many ways in which opposites attract...

Hungry Like the Wolf by Paige Tyler
Spoiler:
INTRODUCING SWAT: SPECIAL WOLF ALPHA TEAM
They’re tightThey’re on target
They’re as alpha as men can get
The Dallas SWAT team is hiding one helluva secret…they’re a pack of wolf shifters.

The team of elite sharpshooters is ultra-secretive—and also the darlings of Dallas. This doesn’t sit well with investigative journalist Mackenzie Stone. They must be hiding something…and she’s determined to find out what.

Keeping Mac at a distance proves impossible for SWAT team commander Gage Dixon. She’s smart, sexy, and makes him feel alive for the first time in years. But she’s getting dangerously close to the truth—and perilously close to his heart...

Texas Mail Order Bride by Linda Broday
Spoiler:
Rancher Cooper Thorne thinks his life is finally on an even keel—until Delta Dandridge steps off the stagecoach and claims she’s his mail order bride. Brash and quick-witted, the meddling Southern Belle is everything Cooper thought he never wanted…and everything his heart is telling him he needs.

But Cooper swore long ago that he’d never marry, and he aims to keep his word, especially now that the demons from his past have returned to threaten everything—and everyone—he holds dear…

Filthy Rich by Dawn Ryder
Spoiler:
SHE’S FIGHTING FOR CONTROL…
Celeste Connor swore that she’d never be a victim again. After the hell of her abusive ex, the last thing she needs is to be under another man’s thumb. But when she catches the eye of fiercely dominant Nartan Lupan at her best friend’s wedding, Celeste finds herself drawn into a glittering world of wealth and power that has her body aching and her mind reeling.

HE’S FIGHTING TO MAKE HER HIS…
Nartan is a filthy rich businessman who works hard, plays harder, and doesn’t take no for an answer—and he wants Celeste with a hunger he’s never before felt. He’ll do whatever it takes to have her. But Nartan didn’t expect that he’d want still more…

Secrets of a Scandalous Heiress by Theresa Romain
Spoiler:
One good proposition deserves another…

Heiress Augusta Meredith can’t help herself—she stirs up gossip wherever she goes. A stranger to Bath society, she pretends to be a charming young widow, until sardonic, darkly handsome Joss Everett arrives from London and uncovers her charade.

Augusta persuades Joss to keep her secret in exchange for a secret of his own. Weaving their way through the treacherous pitfalls of a polite world only too eager to expose and condemn them, they begin to see that being true to themselves is not so bad…as long as they’re true to each other…

Last edited by library addict; 12-31-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: add blurbs
Advert
Old 01-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
All Romance eBooks will be holding a New Year's 50% off rebate on all eligible titles (the ones with the crown icon on their listings), good through January 1st, until just before midnight CST.

Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Ex Equals by L. A. Witt, an m/m contemporary romance which the blurb says was previously published. It doesn't link up to a paperback, so may have come out from a prior e-only press with the rights now reverted. Witt is a Samhain, Carina, and MLR Press author, IIRC.

On his first day teaching math at a community college, Chris Reuben gets an unexpected and unwelcome blast from the past: one of his students is his former shipmate… and ex-boyfriend.

Justin Hayes isn’t looking for a second chance when he signs up for his ex’s algebra class. All he wants is a passing grade and maybe a shot at mending fences with the man he loved—and hurt—while they were deployed three years ago.

Pain, guilt, and bitterness aren’t the only lingering feelings, though, and even if three years is enough to melt the ice between them, they’ve already put their careers on the line for each other once. Can Justin convince Chris that what they had is worth risking their careers and hearts again?
Old 01-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #4
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Repost from the 2014 thread (since apparently living in the western part of the US doesn't count ):

Free and DRM-free from ARe in mobi, epub, pdf:

Driftwood Deeds by Laila Blake

Spoiler:
When journalist Iris Ellis visits a sleepy seaside town to interview recluse screenwriter Paul Archer, he offers her insights into never acted upon fantasies of dominance and submission. Too curious to deny herself a taste of them, Iris gives herself up to Paul’s gentle guidance, but when she realizes that a taste can never be enough, she must find the courage to ask for what she needs or risk losing it all.

Called a "gem for fans of BDSM romance and the perfect starting point for readers new to the genre" by RT Book Reviews, Driftwood Deeds is a novella of sexual awakening as well as consent and communication in bdsm.

Driftwood Deeds is a 29.000 words erotic novella, covering adult themes and bdsm. It is the first installment in the Breaking in Waves trilogy.

NOTE: This is a previously published work. The title, author, and/or publisher may have changed.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:14 AM   #5
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Repost from the 2014 thread (since apparently living in the western part of the US doesn't count ):
Oops. I went by the board time (GMT) so it was early for me, too.

I will be participating in several of the AAR reading challenges again this year.

I’ve also decided I will reread the entire Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh again. I plan to start that March 1st giving me 13 weeks before Shards of Hope releases to reread all 13 books, 6 novellas, and 24 (maybe more by then) short stories/deleted scenes.

My other plan is go through my existing TBR and pick out 10 “must read” books/series for 2015. This doesn’t include any of the new releases for the year I am eagerly awaiting. I’m going to make it a mix of new-to-me authors and books which have languished in my TBR for a year or more. I should be able to count them all in the various reading challenges so that will help me get them read. And I figure 10 is a totally reachable goal since I usually read at least that many books in a month.

I also want to make a sizeable dent in my new-to-me series where I’ve purchased multiple books but not yet read any. Some of these will be part of my 10 Must Read list, but I really want to make an effort to get these various series at least started.

I read/reread 323 books in 2014 which was a personal best. I seriously doubt I will read that much in 2015 as I need to get started on some other projects which will eat into my reading time.

What are your reading goals for the year? Any specific series or authors you want to try?

Last edited by library addict; 01-01-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Advert
Old 01-01-2015, 03:42 AM   #6
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Happy 2015 everyone!

Excerpted from today's post at the Kindle for Samsung Free Selections thread:

They're here!

These are the January 2015 Samsung Book Deals selections from the Kindle store (in the order in which Amazon presented them). Click on Samsung Book Deals to learn how this works.
  • Shattered Souls (A Caitlyn O'Connell Novel Book 1)
    by Delilah Devlin

Regular Kindle Price $3.99
    Genres (from BN.com): Mystery & Crime, Romance, Science Fiction & Fantasy

Quote:
    Book Description
    Publication Date: January 29, 2013

From popular author Delilah Devlin comes the unforgettable heroine, Caitlyn O’Connell—a psychic ex-cop who’s hell-bent on redemption.

Caitlyn O’Connell had it all: a career with the Memphis PD, a passionate marriage, and the satisfaction that her work made a difference in the world. But she also had a secret, a supernatural “gift” that cost her everything. Now she scrapes by as a private investigator, taking cases the cops won’t touch and counting down the minutes until happy hour.

But when Sam Pierce, her former partner and estranged ex-husband, comes to her for help with a bizarre murder case, Cait can’t say no. And not just because Sam is still as irresistibly sexy as he was on the day they met. Something sinister—and demonic—is terrorizing Memphis, leaving a bloody trail of bodies and clues only Cait can read. Together she and Sam will venture into a dark world of magic and unholy terror, hunting a killer who will lead them to the brink of reality as they know it—and back into the thrall of their stormy past. Steamy and suspenseful, Shattered Souls is the pulse-quickening new offering from fan favorite romance author Delilah Devlin.

Last edited by Froide; 01-01-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post

What are your reading goals for the year? Any specific series or authors you want to try?
My reading goals for 2015 is the same as 2014....trying to complete series. I have so many started and not finished, as my habit was to jump around frantically. It took a good 6 months to correct, so I am going to keep at it. Right now I am listening to the entire Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake series. Since that is paranormal, I am trying not to read in that genre at the same time. So I am reading a historical romance series right now. (Victoria Alexander's Millworth Manor). After that I believe I'll go with romantic suspense. (I finished Cherry Adair's T-Flac series, but there is a related title, Black Magic, which I'd like to read).

I still have a long, long list of incomplete series, so I'll keep plugging away. I have to check my lists and spread sheets to see how many I finished in 2014. I haven't compiled my statistics yet, although my "2014 books I've read" shelf in Goodreads says 251.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #8
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Happy New Years to all! Wishing all my fellow romance reading addicts a wonderful year with plenty of time to read our towering TBR mountains!

I never make reading goals or participate in challenges because for me, that turns reading into a task to be accomplish rather than the fun thing I do to relax. However, I am going to continue to try to read more of the free and bargain priced books that are languishing on my TBR mountain instead of always being distracted by NEW!!! SHINY!!!

Looking over my list, I read 268 books last year, including shorter novellas that don't really count as 1 each. That's actually lower than I thought. I guess I do have a goal for 2015 after all - read more books!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #9
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Free: The Darkest Part - Trisha Wolfe
Spoiler:
Pressing the boundaries of both the psyche and the heart, Sam and Holden embark on a dangerous journey that will test the limits of love.

Sam Wintry’s life used to be almost perfect. She was engaged to her childhood best friend and high school sweetheart, Tyler Marks, planning an amazing cross-country honeymoon during her college break. But after a hit-and-run leaves her in ruin, she begins seeing Tyler’s fractured, ghostly presence, and her family believes she’s losing her mind. Not until she completes their journey, stopping along the way to scatter Tyler's remains, will Tyler be able cross over. Only...is Sam ready for him to leave her?

When the black sheep of the Marks' family, Holden Marks, returns to check on Tyler's case, Sam convinces him to give her his brother's ashes. Despite their shaky history, she needs him...plus, he owes it to Sam and his brother. What she doesn’t count on is Holden’s relentlessness to go on the trip.

On the road, Holden realizes just how unhinged Sam has become. Dealing with her psychosis forces him to confront his dark past, making it harder to keep secrets hidden that should remain buried. Especially from Sam, the only woman he’s ever loved. And as Sam starts to unravel the truth, she begins to question if the brother she's unwillingly falling for again is in an even darker place than her.

Free: Leather and Lace - Jessie Evans, Kobo also
Spoiler:
A sexy, swoony romance from New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Jessie Evans.

Cowboy bikers, fireworks, and romance, oh my...

Wild girl, Mia Sherman, has a secret--she isn't as fearless as she pretends. Descended from Lonesome Point, Texas's founding family, Mia grew up hearing tales of an old Irish curse that had followed the Shermans to America. At age twenty-four, Mia is still terrified of the stories, because they aren't stories. They are a warning about what will happen if Mia allows love and romance into her life. The curse struck Mia's grandmother and her great-great-whatever grandmother, and Mia knows she could be next. The first-born daughter of every generation is cursed to lose her husband on her wedding night, which is one of the many reasons Mia has sworn off relationships.

Until the fateful day Sawyer Kane rides his Harley into her life ...

Rancher turned restoration expert, Sawyer Kane, can't believe his luck when the feisty owner of the lingerie shop next to his hotel turns out to be the curator of his latest project, a ghost town he's been sent to restore. He's looking forward to long, hot days talking history, and hotter nights with Mia, but the redhead with the killer smile seems determined to keep him at a friendly distance. But when a dangerous man from Mia's past arrives in town, Sawyer finds himself drawn into her inner circle, and into the legend of Lonesome Point itself.

Can true love conquer all, even a centuries-old curse? Mia and Sawyer may be the first to find out.

Look for the entire Lonesome Point series:
LEATHER AND LACE
SADDLES AND SIN
DIAMONDS AND DUST
The 12 Dates of Christmas: A Lonesome Point Holiday Novella
GLITTER AND GRIT
CHAPS AND CHANCE
ROPES AND REVENGE

Fans of Brenda Novak, Lori Wilde, and hot, alpha cowboys will love the Lonesome Point Texas series!

$1.99 Left Drowning - Jessica Park [rated very highly]
Spoiler:
What does it take to rise from life’s depths, swim against the current, and breathe?

Weighted down by the loss of her parents, Blythe McGuire struggles to keep her head above water as she trudges through her last year at Matthews College. Then a chance meeting sends Blythe crashing into something she doesn’t expect—an undeniable attraction to a dark-haired senior named Chris Shepherd, whose past may be even more complicated than her own. As their relationship deepens, Chris pulls Blythe out of the stupor she’s been in since the night a fire took half her family. She begins to heal, and even, haltingly, to love this guy who helps her find new paths to pleasure and self-discovery. But as Blythe moves into calmer waters, she realizes Chris is the one still strangled by his family’s traumatic history. As dark currents threaten to pull him under, Blythe may be the only person who can keep him from drowning.

This book is intended for mature audiences due to strong language and sexual content.

Last edited by Blue2u; 01-01-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #10
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
One heads up about Allromance: They switched distributors for Harlequin ( and Kensington and Sourcebooks I think) so old titles might not but available for re-download. I mentioned this on Smartbitches and one woman told me it is also why Harlequin, Kensingtion etc isn't reward eligible. Boo.

I like your goal of making a list on 10 books from the TBR pile I have to read this year, Library Addict. I think I will do the same. I have a lot of books I want to read this year. Now I am off to continue my impromptu Psy-Changeling re-read. *sends write faster vibes towards New Zealand*
Old 01-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #11
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Wild Angel by Miriam Minger is FREE today at Amazon. Originally published in 1994 by Penguin/Jove.

http://smile.amazon.com/Wild-Angel-O...+miriam+minger
Old 01-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
One heads up about Allromance: They switched distributors for Harlequin ( and Kensington and Sourcebooks I think) so old titles might not but available for re-download. I mentioned this on Smartbitches and one woman told me it is also why Harlequin, Kensingtion etc isn't reward eligible. Boo.
It's not the distributer (although boo on not be able to redownload older titles). Once the sale of Harlequin and the imprints (HQN, Mira, Carina Press, etc) to Harper Collins was completed they became subject to Harper Collins' rules. So no loyalty programs, library books are only available for 26 checkouts then have to be repurchased, etc. I am still so bummed about this. So far Kobo is still allowing coupons, but those days might be numbered since HC doesn't allow Kobo to use coupons for Avon and other HC imprints. The only good thing is that Harlequin does allow discounts (when they have them) direct from their website. And they have a few 50% sales throughout the year as well as $5 off if you spend $15 and sales like that.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Happy New year everyone! I don't plan to start my new year reading till after 7th. I will probably read less this year but I do want to finish a few series I've started in 2014.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #14
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I ended up with 12 books on my must read list as I added a 4 book, multi-author series at the end, but didn’t want to take off any of the other books I’d already listed. Most have been in my TBR for a while.

I have six of the AAR challenges set to go with a mix of books already in my TBR mountain and a few 2015 releases I know I will want to read right away. So that’s 90 books though some slots I have filled out with more than one title as I had several I could read. Those I will choose to fit my mood at the time.

What I love about the AAR challenges is that some of them are specific about the book’s tropes or characters, others are just general settings or time periods, and a few disregard the plot altogether and go solely by the author’s name, the book’s title, or how many letters there are in the name or title. So it’s very easy to mix-and-match. And the whole point is to be able to find books already in your TBR pile in order to shrink it (ha!). I was able to “schedule” over 90 books to read this year to suit whatever mood I am in at the time and still have it count toward one of the challenges. There’s even a whittler challenge with no rules, you just pick any 15 books in your TBR pile to read. I hope to do more than six rounds, but we’ll see how the year shapes up.

Going through my TBR digital pile made me aware of books I had forgotten I purchased I also used Calibre Companion to load about half the books I plan to read into my Mantano Reader app so I can just browse through my library there when I’m looking for something to read.

Just realized all of the books I picked from Calibre. I never even looked at my print TBR pile. Oops

ETA: I added a seventh challenge as with it and a little moving around of some of the books I had slotted in the other challenges I was able to add 15 books by an author who has been an autobuy for me since 2000, but I have fallen very, very far behind on her books. This will get me almost all caught up.

Last edited by library addict; 01-02-2015 at 04:01 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-02-2015, 12:11 AM   #15
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon (linkage for the lot):

Almost An Angel, Drastic Measures, & Knights of the North by Bobby Hutchinson, f/m time travel, contemporary medical, and contemporary RCMP workplace (a repeat) romances, respectively. These appear to be newly-written, but Hutchinson has been a Silhouette and Loveswept author.

Klutzy, loveable Sameh Smith, an aspiring Adept, was born 500 years from now. She's sent back from 2500 to give us a helping hand with developmental issues we need to master in order to evolve. Trouble is, Sameh is no expert in teleportation or healing. She’s better at recognizing honesty and understanding what’s really going on in people’s minds and hearts.

What’s going on in P.I. Adam Hawkins head when he first sees Sameh is definitely X rated. He’s never met anyone like her before. Who has? He figures she’s a nutcase, even though she does look--well, almost like an angel. And how to explain the amazing effect she has on his partner's handicapped son?

&

Doctor Alexandra Ross loves her job in the ER of big city hospital St. Joe’s.

She also loves her policeman husband, Sergeant Cameron Ross.

But Cameron isn’t telling her the whole truth about the dangers of his undercover work.

Alex doesn’t know that the transfer to a small inland town is a life or death issue for Cam.

THE LOVE OF HER LIFE IS CHANGING THE LIFE SHE LOVES--AND HE WON'T TELL HER WHY
(kids, don't try this at home; no, seriously, severe communicative lacks like this are rightfully relationship-killers and it's usually best to keep talking, even if the conversation might end up like this: )

Free again from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

The Warrior's Wife by Denise Domning, 1st in her Warrior series of f/m medieval historical romances, this one originally out from Avon in 2001 under the title "The Warrior's Damsel" and pseudonym of Denise Hampton.

What if Romeo and Juliet had succeeded?

Two warring families, one widow who has forgotten her family's hatred, one powerful knight determined to reclaim his family's castle and a wife to rule it beside him. No one will stop him not her father, his king or the lady herself.
Closed Thread