Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Guess what I have?

I'm toast
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Wish List

As the title says, this is a wish list for members to list items they're interested in. If anyone sees a great deal on these items, please post the deal and send a PM to the member making the request. To get on this list, just post your request and I'll add you.
  • tubemonkey -- Chromebox, desktop PC (low-end), 64GB USB Drive, 1TB HDD (portable)
  • Blossom -- laptop hybrid or touchscreen ($500~$700)
  • Katie1 -- Kindle Paperwhite 1
What would you consider a good Black Friday deal on the 64GB flash drive? OfficeMax had a PNY brand on sale (64GB) for $29.99 a couple of days ago, but I didn't jump on it knowing BF is just around the corner (I love bargains)!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I'm toast
you got that straight
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
What would you consider a good Black Friday deal on the 64GB flash drive? OfficeMax had a PNY brand on sale (64GB) for $29.99 a couple of days ago, but I didn't jump on it knowing BF is just around the corner (I love bargains)!
Not sure; but I bet they'll be cheaper than that.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #35
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Actually Best Buy sells 64 gig for $100!! You should have jumped on that!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #36
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Are you sure that $100 wasn't for a bigger one? You can routinely find 64GB drives for $30-$35 and 128GB drives for $60-$100. Of course "Best Buy" doesn't live up to it's name as much as it used to.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #37
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Sale is still on, so I put one in my cart while I decide.

http://www.officemax.com/technology/...ct-prod4150070

ETA: Free shipping, too!!!

Last edited by DianNC; 10-17-2013 at 11:52 AM.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The ad from the first major store leaked today - Macy's (ad scan here). Since Macy's doesn't offer products related to our forum, I won't be posting it on the OP. For those interested in the ads for these other stores, you can follow them on any of the BF websites I've listed in the OP.

Note that Macy's plans on opening their doors at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day. Expect other stores to do the same thing. I expect online sales to start just after midnight on Thanksgiving morning.

I plan on doing my shopping online and will be up all night when the online sales start, doing a blow-by-blow of the deals as they drop.

Stay tuned for more ad leaks

ps: if any of these ads are really important to you, I strongly suggest downloading them as soon as they drop. Stores have been known to order these websites to do take downs of leaked ads or face legal action. In response, these websites usually take the ads down until they're officially released.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-17-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #39
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Thanks so much for doing this again, Mr. M. I like your organized approach.

My wishlist is specific: a Nexus 7.2 32GB/64GB and/or an iPad 4 or later.

The N7 would be used for doing live readings; the iPad would be used for music as well as doing live readings.

(I haven't heard from a lot of N10 users; have you?)

My girlfriend also needs a new PC laptop for professional graphic and web design. She needs a great screen and graphics card and a fast processor. One caveat: She doesn't want an Asus because she and her twin sister bought different models and both machines died within a year.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Thanks so much for doing this again, Mr. M. I like your organized approach.

My wishlist is specific: a Nexus 7.2 32GB/64GB and/or an iPad 4 or later.

The N7 would be used for doing live readings; the iPad would be used for music as well as doing live readings.

My girlfriend also needs a new PC laptop for professional graphic and web design. She needs a great screen and graphics card and a fast processor. One caveat: She doesn't want an Asus because she and her twin sister bought different models and both machines died within a year.
YW - the Nexus 7.2 only comes in 16GB & 32GB versions. I have the 32GB.

No on the N10. I'm wondering if Google plans on refreshing that model this year.

Added requests to wish list.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #41
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
The ad from the first major store leaked today - Macy's. See here for the ad scan. Since Macy's doesn't offer products related to our forum, I won't be posting it on the OP. For those interested in the ads for these other stores, you can follow any of the BF websites I've listed in the OP.

Note that Macy's plans on opening their doors at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day. Expect other stores to do the same thing. I expect online sales to start just after midnight on Thanksgiving morning.

I plan on doing my shopping online and will be up all night when the online sales start, doing a blow-by-blow of the deals as they drop.

Stay tuned for more ad leaks

ps: if any of these ads are really important to you, I strongly suggest downloading the scans as they drop. Stores have been known to order these websites to do take downs of leaked ads or face legal action. In response, these websites usually take the ads down until they're officially released.
Tubemokey, I think you are going to kill me! I have never been organized with the Black Friday ads and always miss things. This thread could cost me a small fortune! Not sure yet if I am or Anyway, I do thank you.

Also, in the Macy's add, there are some portable blue tooth speakers, http://bfads.net/Item/Macys-Black-Fr...peakers/141508 that some people might like for their computers.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #42
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Well I went back & checked BB couldnt find the one for $100 BUT on the page was a twist Flash Drive 64gig normal price for $60 on sale for $50...

OK heres the $100 one... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/extreme-...63422&st=64gig flash drives&cp=1&lp=1
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #43
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The N10 looks gorgeous and I'd love to have the Google experience like on my N7, but I picked up a refurbished Nook HD+ considering it was about a third of the cost. It meets my needs as a magazine, comic reader and I actually find myself using it more than my N7 now.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #44
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
You might want to list hard drives as external, if that is what you are tracking. My wishlist includes another MyPassport (2 gig) and one or two Sansa flashdrives (Sansa is the only brand that seems to work both on my main computer and the netbook), particularly 64 gig.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #45
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
YW - the Nexus 7.2 only comes in 16GB & 32GB versions. I have the 32GB.

No on the N10. I'm wondering if Google plans on refreshing that model this year.

Added requests to wish list.
1. Sorry to hear that (but not entirely surprised). I still want one if the special discount justifies my spendthrift gear lust.

2. What I'd like to see is a heavily discounted N10 1.0.

3. Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The N10 looks gorgeous and I'd love to have the Google experience like on my N7, but I picked up a refurbished Nook HD+ considering it was about a third of the cost. It meets my needs as a magazine, comic reader and I actually find myself using it more than my N7 now.
Re the cost: I concur (see 2)!

Thanks for the feedback re the N7 and your Nook HD+.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote