Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
ArgelTal
ArgelTal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo Arc completely turned off, unresponsive.

Last night my Kobo Arc randomly stopped working. I do not mean that it froze or became unresponsive, I mean that it completely bricked out. The screen went black, the indicator light went out, and the power button stopped working.

I've been looking around at other forums trying to figure out how to fix it, and I think I've held the power button down for quite a while now. I also left it to charge over night, even though it was close to a 75% charge when it stopped, to no avail.

Now, at the very moment that it shut off, I was on Facebook, and had Baconreader in the background, along with Aldiko which is an eReader app. The storage on my device had been getting quite full, about 22 gigs, but I'm not sure why that would cause it to brick out.

Along with that, if I've ever gone onto a questionable site or such, I had always made sure to use an antivirus program, I sure as hell had it running if I downloaded something. If you can help me at all, even if it's just telling me what's wrong, I'd be grateful.
ArgelTal is offline   Reply With Quote