Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #6241
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Since they worked so well the first time--

A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Lola - The Kinks
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #6242
orlok
Revision cycle 1
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Fire HDX 7, Kindle 6"
Andy's Chest - Lou Reed
Sebastian - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
Andy Warhol - David Bowie
Gary Gilmore's Eyes - The Adverts
Jackie Wilson Said - Dexys Midnight Runners
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello
Marshall Mathers - Eminem
Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
Gordon is a Moron - Jilted John
Dirty Harry - Gorillaz
John Wayne Is Big Leggy - Haysi Fantayzee
Clever Trevor - Ian Dury & The Blockheads
A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Sam's Town - The Killers
The Day John Kennedy Died - Lou Reed
Michael Caine - Madness
Brian's Song - Monty Python
Charlie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hit The Road Jack - Percy Mayfield
Kyle Quit the Band - Tenacious D
Poor Edward - Tom Waits
Tommy Gun - The Clash ( - I'll beat Stitchawl to it)
Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard - Paul Simon
What's the Frequency, Kenneth? - R.E.M

Edit: Damn - my best effort has been preempted by Daithi (it took me so long to come up with these, I see others have also been posted before I finished...)

Last edited by orlok; 03-23-2012 at 09:24 PM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #6243
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Edmond Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Bill Baily - Louis Armstron
Billy the Kid
Poncho Villa
Jesus was a Capricorn
Tall Paul - Paul and Paula
Peter Gunn Theme
Peter and the Wolf Mr.T
Dominique - The Singing Nun
James Dean - the Eagles
Johnny Angel
Sweet Baby James - James Taylor
Hats off to Larry
Bobby's Girl
Bennie and the Jets - Elton John
Eli's Coming - Three Dog Night?
Jacob's Ladder
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues - Bob Dylan
Mickey Mouse Cheer - All of us!
Sloop John B - Kingston Trio

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-24-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #6244
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900
Using the SpecialSnakeScoreSystem, so far we have:

pdurrant 8
Hamlet53 27
Stichawl 43
Daithi 8
orlok 44

Stitchawl would have loads more points, but only gave song titles.
Daithi received double points for recycling from the last Q

I hope i caught all the double ups. All appeals for points errors will be heard.

Last edited by SneakySnake; 03-23-2012 at 11:51 PM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #6245
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Amended.

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #6246
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Using the SpecialSnakeScoreSystem, so far we have:

pdurrant 8
Hamlet53 27
Stichawl 43
Daithi 8
orlok 44

Daithi received double points for recycling from the last Q

I hope i caught all the double ups. All appeals for points errors will be heard.
OK

pdurrant 8
Hamlet53 27
Stichawl 70
Daithi 8
orlok 44
Old 03-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #6247
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Tommy Gun - The Clash ( - I'll beat Stitchawl to it)
I've never heard of it! Or them, for that matter. I had to go and look them up in Wiki, but yeah...

Quote:
Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard - Paul Simon
But that's a good catch! I though I ran through all my S&G songs, but I never even thought of that one!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-24-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:24 AM   #6248
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along - Doris Day.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #6249
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along - Doris Day.
multiple name in the same song (is that the name of it?) Must be worth multiple points.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #6250
Hamlet53
General and the Genius: G
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Did not check to see if others had already named these:

Uncle John's Band Grateful Dead
Casey Jones Grateful Dead
Boris the Spider The Who
Jules and Jim Pete Townsend
Me and Bobby McGee Janis Joplin
Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts Bob Dylan
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #6251
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Bobby McGee was a she... but then Lola was a he so I guess it all balances out in the long run. Good call on Casey Jones!
Ridin' that train, high on cocaine,.....

Stitchawl
Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #6252
orlok
Revision cycle 1
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've never heard of it! Or them, for that matter. I had to go and look them up in Wiki, but yeah...
Never heard of the Clash???!! Such a seminal band in the 70's who have influenced many other bands. Surely you know this one:

Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #6253
orlok
Revision cycle 1

Daniel - Elton John
Happy Jack - The Who
Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
The Life Of Riley - The Lightning Seeds
My Friend George - Lou Reed
Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #6254
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Abraham, Martin and John - Dion
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Gene Autry
My Bill - Showboat
Pore Jud is Daid - Oklahoma

Last edited by issybird; 03-24-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #6255
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Charlie on the MTA - Kingston Trio
Go, Go, Go Joseph - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Woody Woodpecker Song - Kay Kyser Orchestra

Vanity compels me to say that I'm not quite so old as some of these songs suggest!

Last edited by issybird; 03-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.