Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
skn
reader
skn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
microSD+Kobo Aura HD problem

I have tried to send books to a microSD card, for which there is a slot in my reader device. They do not show in my Kobo.

I use Calibre to manage my books. Main memory works ok. Sending books to card works well and I can see and read them in my mac desktop when Kobo (or just plain card) is connected to mac. When I try to access books in Kobo (reading mode), collections main view shows that there are loaded books (156 books). When I open that collection view it says there are no books.

Is there anything to be done to correct this? Or is my Kobo just faulty?

Kobo firmware and Calibre are the latest versions. I have tried 8 and 32 GB versions of microSD, new and reformatted (normal FAT32).
skn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What happens when you eject the card from the device and insert it again? For the eject, you should get a screen flash and be returned to home screen. For the insert, you should see the processing screen for any new books, then be taken to the home screen. And if there are no new books, you will be taken to the home screen.

And after the insert, does the System information page of the settings show the SD card? It should have the size and available space displayed for the card.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:17 AM   #3
skn
reader

Eject/insert does not make any effect to Kobo – nothing happens. Device information page does not show SD card. Funny though that Calibre can access the card easily when it is inserted to Kobo and Kobo can also detect some traces of SD card collections (amount of books).

Seems I will not be using extra storage in this device? I guess stuffing all my library to Kobo is not needed :-) and I have to device a tactic what library parts to switch and how.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:38 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You said in the first post, "Kobo firmware and Calibre are the latest versions". What is the actual firmware version? The description of the problem makes me think of a problem from a few versions ago. With that version, if the card didn't have a label, then the device didn't mount it properly. This was fixed in the 4.4.9344 update.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
skn
reader

Device information says Software version 4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1, 7/13/17)
Old 08-15-2017, 10:16 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, that's the current firmware. I haven't seen any issues with the SD card on my devices with 4.5.9587. I can't think of anything else.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
cly
cly began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white,Kobo Aura
Yeah,my Kobo Auras problem,First When I plug in the card, the screen flashes but does not see the card ,sd card place was defective,I put tape on the card after try,some device sd card port problem,
I used it for a long time with band ,after open up inside and fixate sd card on port some double side band.Maybe try band.If you believe that you are not a regular software.Good luck.
cly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
skn
reader

Oh well problem seems to be over as display died. I suppose nothing can be done.

I start a new thread about replacing that (H20 or Cybook Muse HD?)
Old 10-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
H2O. I know it's good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:46 PM   #10
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
screen died by being broken
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote