Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast
tomaschavez00 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Question What happened with ACAPELLA for the M92???

There was supposed to be an update with acapella included for the m92... its been a long time and its not there...

Would we be able to buy it or something??
Will there be SPANISH support for the acapella software in m92??
tomaschavez00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

I guess it got shelved. The M92 is pretty old now and the M96 is gonna be released soon so I guess Onyx have stopped developing the M92 firmware
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
the acapella tts comes from booxter, not onyx, there is a M92 acapella demo version demonstated by booxter - youtube

i dont know, when it will be published.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
smihaila
smihaila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
I guess it got shelved. The M92 is pretty old now and the M96 is gonna be released soon so I guess Onyx have stopped developing the M92 firmware
M92 old? Seriously? And how is the "new" M96 fairing from a hardware standpoint? It's 99.99% the same, with some just twists (upped to cope with the resource-hungry Android, but not more than that).
smihaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:21 AM   #5
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
M92 old? Seriously? And how is the "new" M96 fairing from a hardware standpoint? It's 99.99% the same, with some just twists (upped to cope with the resource-hungry Android, but not more than that).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=90
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi,
actually we are quite few , who takes part in development of Onyx Boox extensions. It was my own wish and decision to extend the functionality of Onyx Boox firmware to Acapela TTS. Russian Onyx client, who sells by far more Onyx products in Russia, than we internationally do, did not support it, since their devices have no audio output. Polish distributor is bounded to Ivona. Since the time, as I have published my video review with first working on M92 Acapela TTS on Youtube, only few people have shown interest for it . It looks like I were wrong with my expectations and there are indeed not as many users, who needs that additional TTS functionality urgently.

In last months we have got additionally huge amount of work on software for Onyx Android successors and as result the complete devteam eventually has been moved to this task. They are working really hard to get reliable, stable and feature-rich software. On average we are busy with our work up to 16 hours daily. This is also the reason we are much less active in forums in last months - just permanent lack of time .

Therefore executives of Onyx decided currently to postpone development of Acapela TTS in Linux devices and focus on Android development (even though the Acapela TTS licence and development for Linux has already caused over $15k on costs). Once the most important tasks of Android version of Onyx software are finished (should happen quite soon), we can continue to handle most important open Onyx Linux version tasks.

Good news is - installation of TTS apps (like Acapela) on Onyx Android devices is very easy and users can do it yourselves. I have tried the installation and many different languages and voices - worked just fine.

In my opinion currently is more important to offer good EInk adapted Android apps for professional reading of and working with different PDF documents. Such tasks like re-flow of scanned documents and convenient annotation tools are just more weightier priorities by our customers.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #7
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast

Are there any options we can take or do to have better TTS on our M92 devices??? (I have a lot of books in spanish so I would love to solve TTS for them too)

Anyone who has an idea of what to do talk to me, PM me or something... im DESPERATE !!!
my mail is tomas.chavez@gmail.com be the way
Old 05-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
Well, the e-reader scene doesn't move very fast but it's two years old (if I'm not mistaken) and Onyx already have developed new models like the M96. And, most importantly, they have moved from Linux based software to Android based, and so it's logical that the software for the new devices takes priority compared to the older one's.
I have a M92 myself and of course I'd like its software being developed further but we gotta be realsitic and know that's not likely to happen

EDIT: I've just read Booxtor's post that says that once Android's software largest problems are solved, development for Linux based devices will continue. I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by iampiti; 05-30-2014 at 02:00 PM.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I also remember someone (most likely Cheng) saying it will be possible for M92 users to install Android on their devices as well. Anyone knows if that is still up? I own a M92, and although i like the new pdf reader, i'll also enjoy Android on my M92 and all possibilities that comes with it.
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
That's a shame.

But perhaps we can convince Booxtor to release the build that he used in the video?

I.e. Alpha code and see if we can achieve something with an open source effort?

Booxtor can you release the code?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast

Any news in this front???