Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Talking New Kobo Advert

Watching telly last night with my boyfriend, as you do.

An advert came on and he nods at me and says "That's you that is."

In the advert, several people appear absolutely engrossed in their e-readers, oblivious to all the dangers of the world around them.

Had to smile when I saw that the ad was for Kobo.

Is it showing where you are? Have you seen it yet?

A Reader's Passion: Kobo Commercia Long Versionl

Short version we saw this one last night.

I think this is quite a clever little advert.

Well done Kobo!
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
It's been showing since before Mothers Day. Anyhow, as a bit of a loyalist, it always makes me warm and fuzzy inside to see Kobo adverts.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
Watching telly last night with my boyfriend, as you do.

An advert came on and he nods at me and says "That's you that is."

In the advert, several people appear absolutely engrossed in their e-readers, oblivious to all the dangers of the world around them.

Had to smile when I saw that the ad was for Kobo.

Is it showing where you are? Have you seen it yet?

A Reader's Passion: Kobo Commercia Long Versionl

Short version we saw this one last night.

I think this is quite a clever little advert.

Well done Kobo!

I rarely watch tv with your boyfriend actually

oh and great ad! i like that they use different models, but it's not overtly advertising them.

Last edited by Uschiekid; 05-26-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Someone filmed me reading!

I'm not quite that bad, but my Kobo travels with me ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For a long time, my wife loved to remind her mother that she had flames coming from the oven while reading. It was even worse than in the ad because she was sitting in front of the over, facing it when it happened. She stopped teasing her mother when she did something similar. After that, when she mentioned it, I just looked at her and raised my eyebrow.

Actually, I can picture my wife in any of the scenes except the stadium. If she was there for the bank robbery, when asked by the police what she saw, her answer would be "What robbery?" The only reason I can't picture her at the stadium, is that there is no way she would be there in the first place.

I saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALJgdKP4pTY a couple of times before Mother's day. The first time I was responding to a post here when I looked up, saw the last couple of scenes and then the tag-line and Kobo came up.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you for the links! I like this ad

Aura, Glo, Arc: checked.
Touch: not sure.
Mini: none. Did I miss it?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Someone filmed me reading!
It's the secret camera under the screen...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Thank you for the links! I like this ad

Aura, Glo, Arc: checked.
Touch: not sure.
Mini: none. Did I miss it?
I wish you hadn't done that. OK:

Mardi Gras: Aura HD
"Cook": Arc
Stadium: Mini? It looks smaller, but it might be a Glo.
Bus: Glo
Beach: Aura HD
Outside Bank: Glo
Inside Bank: Arc

The Touch would be easy to spot as it has the logo in the top bezel.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Heh, that's quite funny.
I kinda do that a lot walking to work int eh morning and back.
Reading whilst walking to work and walking on Auopilot.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I wish you hadn't done that.
Sorry and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Mardi Gras: Aura HD
"Cook": Arc
Stadium: Mini? It looks smaller, but it might be a Glo.
Bus: Glo
Beach: Aura HD
Outside Bank: Glo
Inside Bank: Arc
I agree with everything. I've looked again and you're right the Mini could be at the stadium. It looks smaller than I thought before
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I had only seen the 30 second spot and not the full 60 second version. Thanks for posting that.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Ignoring any possible bias ...
I have to say I really like the new advert(s) (The mothers day one is excellent too). Production quality is great, and makes me proud to work here when I see it.

The bank heist and man in kitchen are my favourite portions.

Really interested to see what the next advert will be like.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For those who love reading with firmware to drive you crazy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
That was actually a rather nice advertisement.
Luckily I'm not that bad, the only thing I regularly seem to miss is the passing time when I read in the evening.

Last edited by Abtacha; 05-27-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
samhy
Wizard

I like the part with the man in the subway. I didn't expect him ti turn the light on to go on reading when everything shuts down around him It made me smile.