Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
shadenfroh
shadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toysshadenfroh shares his or her toys

Device: none
Exclamation [Next Gen Rumor] Kindle Scribe

Quote:
Readers who like to follow the bread crumb trails that gadget makers leave prior to the announcement of a new product might want to digest this morsel uncovered today in the whois registry: kindlescribe.com. This domain name, registered by Amazon.com Holdings, could be a tip-off that a stylus may be the future of the company's best selling e-reader.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23861...ve_stylus.html
I like the idea of a stylus. It would be more precise than selecting with a finger. Maybe we'll be able to free-write notes as well.

Last edited by shadenfroh; 08-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.
shadenfroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
What I see is a spot on the internet/cloud to write and then sell on Amazon with one click.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
What I see is a spot on the internet/cloud to write and then sell on Amazon with one click.
You think ebooks are full of typos NOW.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

If Amazon releases a touchscreen Kindle eInk reader I hope they do make it usable with a stylus. While the non-stylus, fat finger only screen of many of the current readers is okay, it is very difficult for me to have the selection control I like. I actually can select text more quickly with my K3 as opposed to the touchscreen Kobo Touch due to the fact that I usually have to adjust my selection on the KT. Fat finger selection of text is not my preferred method. However, Sony used a stylus approach and selecting text was much more accurate than on the KT. But both methods have drawbacks. For example the KT only works with fingers and won't work with a Sony stylus, whereas he Sony worked with a stylus but not well without one.

I think the happy median would be to allow the use of a stylus but without requiring one, in other words allow text selection via stylus or finger so we can use the method that works best for us.

I like the accuracy of a stylus, but I really don't won't to have to use it all the time. On my iPad using my finger works very well for text selection, so perhaps Amazon can develop a good method for finger selecting in their tablet. But i doubt the same method(s) will work well with eInk due to the refresh rates of screens.