Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-19-2021, 02:56 AM   #16291
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We're just west of you and I took the opportunity to drive out to the Leonard J. Buck Gardens with my son and go for a walk. The gardens are situated in a small, rocky gorge cut into basalt flows by the draining of Glacial Lake Passaic about 12,000 years ago. Our high temp for the day was 70°F, but it was a bit cooler in the gardens.

Peak season for the gardens is mid-spring to mid-summer, but it's beautiful year round. Unfortunately, the rains of the past week brought down most of the autumn foliage, but it was still nice.

Several people who have visited the gardens have posted videos at Youtube, if anyone is interested.

I'm sorry to hear about your heat situation, mlewis78. If it's any consolation, when I got home from our walk I ran the dishwasher and it overflowed into the kitchen. I think I cleared the drain blockage. I'm running it again now to see.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:40 AM   #16292
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
It is fairly bright here but quite cool. This following a week of almost continual dull grey skies and moderate temperatures.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2021, 05:50 PM   #16293
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We had rain and wind last night, but the sky cleared just in time for me to watch the lunar eclipse for a while. I was out at about 3:30 EST and stayed out for about 10 minutes, but it was too cold, wet, and slippery from all the leaves that came down for me to watch the whole show.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:15 PM   #16294
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
winter temps on the way! After hitting the 70's F this past week.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:54 AM   #16295
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We've had very mild weather these last couple of days. But from Monday the temperatures will drop, especially at night. Hopefully installing my new gas heater will go smoothly tomorrow and we've got all the parts to make it work.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2021, 03:44 AM   #16296
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Cool but bright here, with a very heavy overnight dew, leaving everything in the road damp and sorry looking!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 07:15 PM   #16297
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coldest air of the year arriving tonight - low 20's F.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:16 AM   #16298
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
We're just west of you and I took the opportunity to drive out to the Leonard J. Buck Gardens with my son and go for a walk. The gardens are situated in a small, rocky gorge cut into basalt

I'm sorry to hear about your heat situation, mlewis78. If it's any consolation, when I got home from our walk I ran the dishwasher and it overflowed into the kitchen. I think I cleared the drain blockage. I'm running it again now to see.
I'm sorry to hear about the dishwasher.

We are down to 32 degrees F. (0 Centigrade) and clear right now, so we actually have heat at 3:00 AM. First time this season. Heat is usually off between 10pm-6am (at least), but with it being at freezing outside now, the heat is on.

Tuesday was the first time I wore my down coat outside, since I was cold on Monday wearing my thinsulate parka. It was snug on me last winter due to 2020 weight gain (lots) and the snaps would pop when I bended over, but I've lost a lot since February and it's loose on me now. This will give me room to layer more as it gets even colder.

Later it will be sunny with a high of 46 F.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:08 AM   #16299
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
La Nina found a way to get itself inside - bucketed down for a while - drip, drip, drip.

Will have to send a lackey up on the roof tomorrow - sigh.

Seems we're in for a wet summer - that's okay as long as it's not stinking hot.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:38 PM   #16300
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The first of 3 bands of heavy precipitation (now being called an atmospheric river) has arrived. Quite a bit of worry that the cleanup from the last round of heavy rain and flooding has not been finished and more flooding is likely.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:26 PM   #16301
poohbear_nc
Now what?

@DNSB - go to higher ground!

Beautiful day here - crisp, sunny, and breezy
Old 11-25-2021, 06:12 PM   #16302
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The first of 3 bands of heavy precipitation (now being called an atmospheric river) has arrived. Quite a bit of worry that the cleanup from the last round of heavy rain and flooding has not been finished and more flooding is likely.
Whoa! I hope you can stay dry and safe through this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Beautiful day here - crisp, sunny, and breezy
Here, too. The past few days have been cold, windy and cloudy. Today was mostly sunny and warmer than average. The cold weather is expected to resume tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:11 AM   #16303
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It's still raining here. On a brighter note, the Coquihalla Highway may reopen for limited essential traffic by the end of January, 2022.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 02:08 AM   #16304
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It's getting colder this week. Today it'll be rainy and 4-5C, but when it rains (most of the day) it'll feel like 2C.

It'll stay cool until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tomorrow the heater guy is coming to inspect and install my new, second hand, gas heater and clean and check the one in the living room. Finger's crossed mine will work and it will work better than the old one.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:00 AM   #16305
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
We had a warmer than usual Thursday (12/2) that got to 55-57 degrees F. It had been a cold night in the 40s and there was a bit of heat in the early morning, but the heat was off once the temps were in the 50s. It is still cold in my apartment. It will be in the 40s all day tomorrow (46 now at 2am, another reason it is cold inside here), so the heat should be coming up some time after 6 or 7am (legally at 6am).
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty