Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: iPad
Calibre to KyBook 3 syncing working

I've finally got around to syncing Calibre to KyBook 3. Books, covers and metadata are synced to KyBook 3 and books only in KyBook 3 are downloaded. (Somewhat like Calibre Companion, but with the ability to actually read the book in the app it syncs to.)

I'm happy to share if anyone is interested. I'd be particularly keen to hear from anyone interested in tweaking it to run as a plugin to Calibre.
karl1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
definitely interested, please share.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd probably get a better response to issues of plugin development were you to post in the appropriate Calibre subforum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:23 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Sounds good! I'd like to see it
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #5
karl1c
Connoisseur
karl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitykarl1c has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Sorry for the delay. I thought I ought to port the script to a plug-in, which I’ve done. Unfortunately, the plugin works on my MacBook, but won’t even load on the desktop. Once I get that sorted, I get it uploaded.
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 12:11 PM   #6
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl1c View Post
Sorry for the delay. I thought I ought to port the script to a plug-in, which I’ve done. Unfortunately, the plugin works on my MacBook, but won’t even load on the desktop. Once I get that sorted, I get it uploaded.
That's great news, thank you so much karl1c.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
karl1c
Connoisseur

Problems with the plugin are resolved, but some refactoring will be needed. :-(
Old 04-01-2019, 04:06 PM   #8
karl1c
Connoisseur

First release of the KyBook3 Sync plugin is here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...94#post3826694
Old 04-16-2021, 05:49 AM   #9
A-Lagopus
A-Lagopus began at the beginning.

Ported KyBook3 Sync plugin to py3, started a new thread for it link

Link to installable zip
A-Lagopus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre companion, kybook, sync