Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #46
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa

The swipe to unlock and both buttons go next patches are great QoL improvements.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #47
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Thank you so much for your work, geek1011! And GeoffR for keeping his patches updated of course, I always use the 24 line spacing one
I'm really happy about this update, I'd been hoping someone would come up with a patch to change the footnotes' font family and had even requested it some time ago (when Kobo changed it to Kobo Nickel) and now it's here! And landscape mode as well! Everything is working great on my Glo HD, so thank you again
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #48
anonine72
anonine72 began at the beginning.

Device: forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
This patch thread is for firmware 4.11.11980 (88707fe0ac52001a8b180e50bd3d82bb0a16c2a1).

Instructions for patching on Windows, Linux, or macOS with kobopatch:
  1. Download the firmware from here.
  2. Download and unzip kobopatch_4.11.11980.zip from here.
  3. Copy the original firmware you just downloaded into the kobopatch src folder.
  4. Install the firmware on your kobo BEFORE proceeding with the next steps.
  5. Enable patches in the files in the src folder (or use the overrides in kobopatch.yaml to keep your options separate).
  6. Run kobopatch.bat on Windows, or kobopatch.sh on Linux.
  7. If the patching succeeded, a file named KoboRoot.tgz will be created in the out folder. Copy it to the .kobo folder of your device.
  8. Safely remove your device.

Download

See the kobopatch - An improved patching system thread for more details.
Hello,

I need help, firstable sorry for my english, i 'm french. I do all the stages below, and i 've got the KoboRoot.tgz which i copy on my device. But i don't understand how to enable "manually" to desactivate "Set swipe to unlock"

regards
anonine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #49
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Checked in Forma, and both "Both buttons for advance" and "Remove swipe" (idea, not real name) work.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #50
anonine72
anonine72 began at the beginning.

Device: forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Checked in Forma, and both "Both buttons for advance" and "Remove swipe" (idea, not real name) work.
Where ? In settings ? I don't see
anonine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 04:33 PM   #51
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
No, the patches.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #52
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
I've got such a basic problem I'm afraid to ask it. Several firmwares ago, I successfully used the new .yaml patching method so, of course, I wanted to try it for 4.11.11980. But I can't get my kobopatch.bat file to run and stay open. I click through Windows Defender (on a Windows 10 machine) and allow it to run, and it runs with a quick flash and then closes. If I make NO edits to kobopatch.yaml file it runs just fine -- and creates a patch file with no changes (doh). I did this just to confirm that I have the right zip update file in the src folder and that it's properly named, because its found. But as soon as I put in a single over-ride into the kobopatch.yaml file, I get the quick run and flash (with no log files created).

I'm obviously doing something stupid and wrong, but I can't figure it out. Attaching my modified kobopatch.yaml file in case anyone can see the error.

EDIT: to be clearer, when I run kobopatch.bat with an unedited kobopatch.yaml file, I get the feedback of "Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml" and "reading input firmware zip". But as soon as I put in a single over-ride .yaml into kobopatch.yaml, the batch file window flashes momentarily and closes and I don't even get that far...I'm using Notepad++ as always to edit my files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobopatch.zip (965 Bytes, 199 views)

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 11-08-2018 at 05:12 PM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:34 PM   #53
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post

I'm obviously doing something stupid and wrong, but I can't figure it out. Attaching my modified kobopatch.yaml file in case anyone can see the error.
I am likely not the best person to answer this but, The Show all games and Set slide to unlock look okay to me but for all of the others, what character did you put at the beginning of those lines? I think it needs to be 4 spaces but that is not what you have on those lines.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #54
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
The error was that you used tabs for indentation instead of spaces. Here is the fixed kobopatch.yaml: https://linx.geek1011.net/qwv6incf.yaml. I'll add a automatic fix for this issue in the future.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:39 PM   #55
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I am likely not the best person to answer this but, The Show all games and Set slide to unlock look okay to me but for all of the others, what character did you put at the beginning of those lines? I think it needs to be 4 spaces but that is not what you have on those lines.
That must have something to do with zipping and unzipping affecting formatting, because the spacing (4 spaces) is the same for all my over-rides. Thanks for the effort, though!

FWIW, I successfully patched by editing each of the four .yaml files in the src folder (after giving up on making kobopatch.yaml work for me). Sigh.

EDIT -- OK, I think you were right, and I apologize for the initial rejection. I was putting in subsequent over-rides using the "Enter/Return" button and, although in Notepad++ they were showing up as indented and immediately below the 4 spaced over-ride line above (so I thought the introductory spacing was the same), it looks like it was doing so through an automatic "Tab". So I backspaced and then put in 4 spaces and the next entry worked. Phew.

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 11-08-2018 at 06:10 PM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:32 PM   #56
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonine72 View Post
Hello,

I need help, firstable sorry for my english, i 'm french. I do all the stages below, and i 've got the KoboRoot.tgz which i copy on my device. But i don't understand how to enable "manually" to desactivate "Set swipe to unlock"

regards
If I understand you correctly, you wan to get rid of "swipe to unlock" on the screen when waking up your kobo from sleeping.

Actually you need to keep the "Set swipe to unlock" as it is("Enabled: yes") in the patch file, do not change that part.

Check out my comment, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=44
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:05 AM   #57
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Hi, @geek1011 About the tap to turn pages, in the Reading Settings, I tap the left side of the screen to the previous page and right side of the screen to the next page, since Kobo Forma got the page-turn buttons, is it possible to make a patch that tap the buttons side of the screen to the next page?

Since when I use my left hand to hold the Kobo Forma, the button side is the left of the screen, and if I use my old setting, it will go to the previous page, and when I use my right hand to hold the Kobo Forma, I will tap the right side the screen to the next page. (I use my thumb of my left and right hand to tap the screen to turn pages while still holding it.)

You may say that I can use the page-turn buttons, but I'm not sure how long the hardware of the buttons will last, it may be broken after a long time, so I try to avoid to use in regular reading.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:35 AM   #58
isaak
Enthusiast
isaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one; kindle dx
Thank you geek1011 for the quick delivery and the new patches.
Landscape view is working great for both epub and pdf on my KA1, I am impressed!
isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:55 AM   #59
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thank you so much to geek1011 and to all the others working on patches, you've made my Clara HD the almost perfect device for me!
Landscape mode works great!

Two questions about possible patches:
Would it be possible to have landscape mode with two different rotations to choose from (90° and 270°)?

And would there be a way to regulate the ComfortLight also by swiping on the right side, like the brightness level by swiping on the left side?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #60
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Hi, @geek1011 About the tap to turn pages, in the Reading Settings, I tap the left side of the screen to the previous page and right side of the screen to the next page, since Kobo Forma got the page-turn buttons, is it possible to make a patch that tap the buttons side of the screen to the next page?

Since when I use my left hand to hold the Kobo Forma, the button side is the left of the screen, and if I use my old setting, it will go to the previous page, and when I use my right hand to hold the Kobo Forma, I will tap the right side the screen to the next page. (I use my thumb of my left and right hand to tap the screen to turn pages while still holding it.)

You may say that I can use the page-turn buttons, but I'm not sure how long the hardware of the buttons will last, it may be broken after a long time, so I try to avoid to use in regular reading.
So, what you want is to have the page turns by tapping swapped depending on the rotation? If so, I can probably easily swap the sides, but making it also depend on the rotation will be hard, unless there is enough extra unused code there I can replace with a check for the rotation.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching