Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
dcoulombe
dcoulombe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Smile Reloading Metadata.db

Hello Kovid,

I run a content server to provide a library do Haitian schools.
I just noticed that any change to the library (adding/removing documents)
can be viewed in the schools ONLY after Calibre is shut down and restarted.
I believe that the METADATA file is read by the content server when it loads,
and then 'lives' with it until restarted.

Would it be possible to add a button to 'Activate changes' or 'Reload Metadata' so that I don't have to shutdown Calibre everytime I change the content?

Another way to circumvent this problem would be to automatically stop and restart the server periodically. Would it be possible to add some scheduler within the server so that I could tell it to stop and restard at some specified time?

It would be great if these functions could be made available.

Thanks
dcoulombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you run the server from within calibre any changes you make will be live automatically. I am assuming you are using calibre 4.x
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
dcoulombe
dcoulombe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you run the server from within calibre any changes you make will be live automatically. I am assuming you are using calibre 4.x
Thanks for the fast reply! I am using the latest version (14.15)... It doesn't look like the changes I make are live. But I must be doing something wrong... I will triple check and try to figure out what I am missing. Maybe it is due to the setup... The drive holding the library is a network disk, accessed remotely. I suppose that might cause the problem. I'll check that.

Thanks again!
dcoulombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:04 AM   #4
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoulombe View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! I am using the latest version (14.15)... It doesn't look like the changes I make are live. But I must be doing something wrong... I will triple check and try to figure out what I am missing. Maybe it is due to the setup... The drive holding the library is a network disk, accessed remotely. I suppose that might cause the problem. I'll check that.

Thanks again!
Say, you have an edited epub and you try to replace it by copy-paste (in the book folder), it doesn't work. You must update it via the calibre content-server or the calibre main app. That's my experience.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server