Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
boothy
boothy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Galaxy S3 Kindle app
Problems with MobiDeDrm 0.16 plugin

Hi All

First post on the marvelous mobileread and its regarding using the mobidedrm plugin - sorry in advance if this duplicates older threads - as newbie I have trawled site but cannot find any direct post\solution.

My main aim is to convert all of my purchased drm mobi books to use on my symbian ereader pro reader which is much more usuable on my N97 touchscreen device than moboipocket reader ( since amazon seem to have no intention of improving current software).

Anyway - I am trying to import mobipocket drm books into Calibre 0.7.8 using mobidedrm 0.16 (produced plugin from pasting txt file and zipping as described in earlier posts)- I have inserted plugin via GUI into plugins>file type options - it is listed in plugins - I have used my mobile phone PID which I use for downloads from various ebook sites (I do have some other PIDS registered). Of the 3 books tried I keep getting an error saying cannot remove encryption and the book will be imported with encryption.

Is this the correct\ current file ? Do I need anything other installed when using has a calibre plugin ? ( I have python 2.7 working on one machine with no success and same result) Or has mobipocket DRM encryption moved on since some of these earlier threads ?

Thanks in advance

Boothy
boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
boothy
boothy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard 3G, Galaxy S3 Kindle app
Hi

I have sorted problem - I input all 3 PIDS and it worked fine

Cheers

Boothy
boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
kdk
kdk is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Laptop (mac)
PID

Hi,
quick and stupid question... where did you put the PID? I downloaded, renamed and zipped the script, I also have my PID but I am not sure where to provide that info in calibre. I am fairly new to this and unfortunately I am running into some stupid mistakes.
Thanks for any help.
kdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
kdk
kdk is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Laptop (mac)
I found the answer under plug-in customization, sorry for the unnecessary question.
Cheers.
kdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Welcome, you two, to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert