Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
Calibre 0.7.0 released - see site details below

http://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/seven to see what's new in 0.7.0

Kovid is saying that the focus is on the interface in 0.7.x.
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Cool!

The video on the "what's new" page is really informative.

Nerdy Easter egg: At 12:16 look for a split second screenshot of a command line window showing Kovid's FFMPEG encoding session.

Last edited by artificial; 06-04-2010 at 09:40 PM.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial View Post
Nerdy Easter egg: At 12:16 look for a split second screenshot of a command line window showing Kovid's FFMPEG encoding session.
Damn! I was hoping no one would spot that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
Hey, cool new icon, Kovid!!!
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The icon was contributed by a calibre user http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...4702691&ref=pf
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Smile

Nice 0.7 release and calibre runs pretty quickly. Congratulations.

A small question about the curious look of three icons in the lower right part of my joint screenshot. It looks strange, covering a motorbike like form ?.

I am using Ubuntu Lucid 32 bits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	387
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	52802  

Last edited by roger64; 06-04-2010 at 11:41 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Its covering binoculars which are supposed to indicate search
Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #8
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
It looks strange, covering a motorbike like form ?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Its covering binoculars which are supposed to indicate search
I read Rogers' post and totally thought it kind of looked like a bike too. I thought perhaps a dev liked motocross. Perception is a fickle bitch eh?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
MeganJoan
MeganJoan began at the beginning.

Does timlegge's addon to let you manage books (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85226) still work in with 7? I don't want to update until I know for sure.

Thanks!
MeganJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #10
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Hi Megan,

I haven't used all the features yet, but it appears to be working well in the new version.

Myles.

Make sure you get the second zip file that Timlegge linked to in message #12.

Last edited by mylesau; 06-05-2010 at 07:51 AM.
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
dantaipan
Enthusiast
dantaipan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hmmm, I'm getting an error apparently because I have no SD card in the slot.

ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

The reader has no storage card in this slot.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 58, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 293, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 154, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 744, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.
dantaipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Make sure you are not sending to the storage card (click the arrow next to the send books button and check the default send to device action).
Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #13
HarryH
Enthusiast
HarryH began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Version 1 firmware v 1.8.3
[QUOTE=mylesau;944166]Hi Megan,

I get the impression that there two files .. we use the second one ?? and what is the difference

I tried the first using Linux Ubuntu and received an error message indicating i was unable to delete the files

I have made a backup of the Kobo folder , but will update it before doing anything

I guess it is what next

Harry
HarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryH View Post
I get the impression that there two files .. we use the second one ?? and what is the difference
Yes Harry, as I said, you want the second file. The first one was for a slightly older version of calibre, the second one works with the latest version of calibre 0.7.0.

Probably best to post in that thread rather than this one.
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
HarryH
Enthusiast
HarryH began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Version 1 firmware v 1.8.3
Installed version 7 , some how it picked up the kobo plugin

Impressed with how it works and I was able to delete the 100 books that came with it

Harry
HarryH is offline   Reply With Quote