Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Views on IE8?

At the moment I'm using IE7, but considering upgrading to IE8. Has anyone any experience of it? Is it stable? Worth upgrading to? Any problems? All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
deltop
Zealot
deltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litterdeltop doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
I didn't realize it was out. I'm actually surprised that I've been using Firefox for so long that both IE7 and IE8 have almost completely passed me by!

I'll have to install it though just to have a look.
deltop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I've been using IE8 for sometime. It's superior to the previous IE7.

My only problem is that there's always a pause when I open a new window or tab. But that's probably me. (My computer isn't formated nor the windows was reinstalled since April 2007, although I keep it more and less clean).
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I've taken the plunge and installed it. So far, so good, and I like what I see so far!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Well, I've taken the plunge and installed it. So far, so good, and I like what I see so far!
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I just found the delay I talked about was caused by a Java plugin.

Anyone with the same problem, just go to the addon manager and deactivate the Java SSV Helper (or something).
Old 04-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The only thing that's fooled me so far was the "What do you want to do now" page when you open a new tab. I'm ashamed to admit that I had to look in the help system to figure out that I could just type in a URL .
Old 04-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You like it so much, you posted the same post twice, huh Harry.

Seriously, I use Mozilla and really like it. Have you tried that?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is it anything similar to MS office 2007? (I hope not, that stuff is very unpleasant to use.)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Has anyone using IE8 downloaded a secure Lit yet? That's about the only thing I use IE for, so wouldn't want to upgrade if there are any problems with that.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
LIT downloads work fine.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You like it so much, you posted the same post twice, huh Harry.
Hmmm. I don't know how THAT happened!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #13
Over
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hmmm. I don't know how THAT happened!
The irony. You telling everything ok and that problem occurring.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:38 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

24h later and I really like IE8 compared with 7. A very worthwhile upgrade.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Does anyone know if IE8 will be the current browser for Windows 7, which is supposed to be released "soon."

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote