Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
dippy1
dippy1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T3
PC to iPad mini

I am wanting to know if I can transfer my complete library from my PC to my iPad Mini. This would be including books that have been given to me but I don't know if they have been bought or not!!
Many thanks
dippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
This thread should be of help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118559
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
dippy1

Thanks so much for the info. Now I just have to work it all out!! I'm a bit of a novice with my iPad
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I recommend that you install Marvin on your iPad, and the iOS reader applications plugin in calibre.

With this combination, you will be able to transfer ePubs from your calibre library to Marvin on your iPad.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Bluefire is another good IOS ereader.

Last edited by ShellShock; 10-31-2013 at 04:36 PM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Bluefire is another good IOS ereader.
This isn't about good IOS readers it is about readers that integrate with calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #7
dippy1

thanks to all for the info and help

I shall have a go at it over the weekend and see how much trouble i can get myself into

Regards and thanks again
Old 11-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #8
dippy1

hmmmm!!!!

Well, I've tried to figure it all out and I don't understand any of it at all!!!
i tried working through it but got totally lost at the iTunes Interface part
I also got stuck at this part
Quick start: 'Connect to iTunes' mode (updated as of version 0.8.8)
Launch iTunes with no connected iDevices.
In iTunes Preferences|Advanced, select an option for Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library. If you already have existing content in iTunes (music, videos, etc), you should keep your current setting.
please!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #9
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Thanks for the tip about Marvin...I have now bought it for my iphone, and I think I prefer it to Bluefire, because Marvin interfaces directly to dropbox. With Bluefire you have to push books from dropbox to Bluefire. Marvin works either way--in dropbox, push books to Marvin, or in Marvin, pull books from dropbox.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #10
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dippy1 View Post
Well, I've tried to figure it all out and I don't understand any of it at all!!!
i tried working through it but got totally lost at the iTunes Interface part
I also got stuck at this part
Quick start: 'Connect to iTunes' mode (updated as of version 0.8.8)
Launch iTunes with no connected iDevices.
In iTunes Preferences|Advanced, select an option for Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library. If you already have existing content in iTunes (music, videos, etc), you should keep your current setting.
please!!!!
@dippy1, I suggest that you review this post for the iOS reader applications plugin. With this plugin, you can use Marvin to read ePubs on your iDevice.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #11
dippy1

thanks for all the advice

yayyyyy!!!! I have done it with the help from here. thank you all so very much

i'm all set to and rest.