Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
How does aura handle large numbers of books?

Has anyone tried to load large numbers (5.000+) of books onto the new aura? With thish number of books my glo becomes very slow at displaying the library and responding to clicks and swipes, and after a few days invariably crashes completely.

I am hoping that the aura will perform better, otherwise kobo will certainly lose me to onyx, crema, bookeen or somesuch.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
I just got mine and loaded around 2000 books on it.. no issues so far..
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think anyone knows yet. But, there cover image file handling has change in the firmware. Instead of one directory for all of them, there is a tree of directories. This will fix a bug with covers and it should improve performance. I have 2.9.0 on my Glo through the beta list and have had about 1200 books on it. I think it performed better but wasn't really testing for that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #4
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
It is good news about the covers, but I think the problem lies in the database, just not fast enough, if only there was a file browser option....
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For some actions, yes. But, browsing the library list should be working off an in memory copy of the data. Using a database might slow down opening the list while it builds the list, but after that, it probably doesn't read the database until you open a book or the book details. The paging will read the cover files from the disk, and this should be faster.

Are your books in the main memory or SD card?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert