Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #286
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Let's hope the 604 is the start of something good. Fingers crossed!
Would be great if 604 was indeed finally the start of consistently good screens all round, but I refuse to get excited over it - as a friend of mine always says "never expect anything from anyone, that way you don't get disappointed"
So we'll see...
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #287
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Would be great if 604 was indeed finally the start of consistently good screens all round, but I refuse to get excited over it - as a friend of mine always says "never expect anything from anyone, that way you don't get disappointed"
So we'll see...
I always say I won't get my hopes up too, but when Andrew called this last time saying they had a fix yet again, it was hard not to have a wee bit of hope. I really never knew I was such an eternal optimist. We'll see what the 604 brings. I think at this point it all seems very random, but here's hoping it's a good one for you!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #288
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
In normal lighting, mine is perfectly color cast free. I generously offer the device for sale.

Bidding may start at € 995. Good luck!

(PS: as the device is second hand, I don't offer any return policy. And there is no warranty either. But that's just in the small print, and for brevity's sake, I'll just not post that.)

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #289
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
edited to add
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Bidding may start at € 9,95. Good luck!
sorry, just been fooling around today
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #290
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Good luck, Yolina. I hope the 604's a keeper!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #291
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
edited to add

sorry, just been fooling around today
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #292
geekybookworm
geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle PW
Hi,
I have recently bought a Kindle PW from amazon.de (as I have written in an another thread), didn't really mind the shadows at the bottom, but my Kindle has the glowing specks and light is bleeding from the left side. So I have asked for a replacement today.
The problem is I live not in Germany, so I have additional shipping costs forwarding the shipment to Slovakia. I am really afraid that the new one is going to be worse than the old one. The guy I chatted with seemed to think that if that happens they will send me another one. I really don't want to spent a fortune on shipping replacement Kindles to and from Germany.
I think I could live with the one I have now, because the PW other awesome aspects. I really fell in love with it. But I wanted to try once for a better screen.
So my question is (as I see that many of you are experts on replacement kindles ), is it hard to get the support people to let you keep the older (but better) Kindle?
Thanks.
geekybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #293
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can keep whichever one you wish, but you'll have to return the other. It's not Amazon's fault that you bought from "amazon.de" when you don't actually live in Germany.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #294
geekybookworm
geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekybookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can keep whichever one you wish, but you'll have to return the other. It's not Amazon's fault that you bought from "amazon.de" when you don't actually live in Germany.
Well of course I don't expect them to pay the expenses.
I mean the other option is to buy from the US and the shipping costs would be much higher. (I don't know if they would reimburse me in that case, I haven't exchanged Kindles before.)
And I have no problem returning the one I don't want to keep but he claimed I should return the first one and keep the second one (or try for another replacement) even if I would rather keep the first one (if it is noticeably better).
I suppose it seems as if I am complaining but that isn't the case I find Amazon's CS is very good. Everything is just very new for me.
geekybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #295
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can return whichever one you wish. Doesn't have to be the first. But tell Amazon which one you keep.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #296
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
If they are sending you a replacement as HarryT said, just wait until it arrives and decide which of the two is better, keep it and send the other one back. amazon won't mind which one you return. Some people have replaced theirs a few times but because you have the extra shipping costs that's really not ideal.

Its your choice if you end up keeping one that you can live with slight issues, or just send them both back get a refund and wait for a while to see if future versions are more likely to be issue free. Hopefully your new Kindle will come and it'll be fine though!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #297
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Replacement has just arrived, it is so much better
No pink whatsoever, a very faint green area which I can only barely notice in the dark if the light is on high. Contrast is really good on this one too.
There is still a very small amount of light bleed on the bottom left-hand side, but nothing compared to the one before.

I am happy with my PW

Thank you to all who have wished me luck in getting a good one

Edit: and the cherry on the cake is that it's on 5.3.1 so I can jailbreak without having to downgrade the firmware fist. WiFi staying firmly off for now

Last edited by Yolina; 02-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #298
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Congratulations, and happy reading, Yolina!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #299
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Glad you got a good one, Yolina!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #300
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

YAY! So happy to hear it, Yolina!