Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
richieman
richieman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Content Server changes Hostname on OS X

I'm using the Content Server in order to connect my iPad to Calibre. The annoying thing is that when I start the Content Server, once in a while I get a message like this:

Quote:
This computer’s local hostname “mymacbook.local‎‬” is already in use on this network. The name has been changed to “‫mymacbook-2.local‎‬”.

To change the local hostname, open System Preferences and click Sharing, then click “Edit” and type the name in the Local Hostname field.
Calibre has changed my hostname at the system level. This is annoying since other applications rely on my hostname so I have to change things back every time.

Since I couldn't find a bug about this, I was wondering if it might be just a setting somewhere I'm not aware of. Anyone had this issue and knows a solution? Thanks!
richieman is offline   Reply With Quote