Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nook HD+, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
NC Landscape - Am I Crazy Or What?

Is it just me or is the new "landscape" mode crazy

my NC didn't auto update and finally got around to doing it manually and actually was a bit excited that landscape mode (which can be had on the cheapest ereader/tablet out of the box) was finally available

ooh, who in management thought this was landscape - take a portrait mode page, split it in two and place those two halves side by side - not even sure those 2 halves even make up a full portrait mode page

the only way to get what i consider true landscape mode is to greatly increase the font size - increased so much that you can get maybe 5 words across the entire screen

well, have called every number i can come up with to find out who is responsible but you can imagine the results i've gotten - even went to the mall to check out the nook tablet to see if that was any different - nope

giving up on the nook and am on the hunt for a decent reasonably priced "real" tablet - yes, landscape mode is so important to me that i'm willing to fork over even more money despite spending $250 already
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Is it just me or is the new "landscape" mode crazy

my NC didn't auto update and finally got around to doing it manually and actually was a bit excited that landscape mode (which can be had on the cheapest ereader/tablet out of the box) was finally available

ooh, who in management thought this was landscape - take a portrait mode page, split it in two and place those two halves side by side - not even sure those 2 halves even make up a full portrait mode page

the only way to get what i consider true landscape mode is to greatly increase the font size - increased so much that you can get maybe 5 words across the entire screen

well, have called every number i can come up with to find out who is responsible but you can imagine the results i've gotten - even went to the mall to check out the nook tablet to see if that was any different - nope

giving up on the nook and am on the hunt for a decent reasonably priced "real" tablet - yes, landscape mode is so important to me that i'm willing to fork over even more money despite spending $250 already
It depends very much on the book with which font size you will get one instead of two columns landscape. Your example is very extreme and not usual. Try some other books.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i've tried every book on have loaded on the NC
unless it is the top 2 font sizes (ridiculous big) each page displays in 2 columns

maybe it only works if you have purchased your books from B&N
Old 02-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
RedheadTarn
RedheadTarn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Forget the stock software, my nook color is rooted running CM7, and is the greatest thing ever!
No problems with landscape mode and I can use both nook and kindle software, plus because I registered it before rooting, I still get free wifi access at B&n.
RedheadTarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Kurt
Connoisseur

finally got around to doing the CM7 thing myself
wish i hadn't waited so long
CM7 and Calibre lets me get books from anywhere and display them exactly how i want
So there B&N!
Advert