Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Ericejs
Ericejs began at the beginning.

Device: None
pictures not deleting

Ok so I go into gallery and delete a pic, but once I restart the pic shows back in the Gallery? It goes away once I delete it but a reboot makes it come back....does this happen to anyone else?
Ericejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Yes, the same thing happens for me. Delete pic. Turn off. Turn on. Pic re-appears.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Ericejs
Ericejs began at the beginning.

Device: None
Exactly....very odd...must be a glitch that they will fix with an update
Ericejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm actually surprised there's a delete option. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. You can't delete anything else.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
same thing is happening with me. I accidently made a screenshot and I can't delete it lol
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
On the How to delete files? the following was suggested for deleting files from the PC. Apparently just the delete key is not sufficient.

Quote:
Use shift-delete when you delete from windows and it will remove the files. I don't use windows my co-worker does and the "move to trash" version of delete won't hide the data from the gallery.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #7
roger_15
Enthusiast
roger_15 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 3G/NookColor
3G test

Since it might be a case of apples versus oranges, I’m not sure that this is
relevant. But I might as well share this info.

After I read these posts I decided to test my “3G.” My OS is Vista 64-bit
service pack 2.

I have a copy of a jpeg in screensavers and wallpapers. I deleted the one in
screensavers and it worked fine. Just to be sure I detached the 3G from the
computer and then reattached it and looked for the jpeg. It was gone. The
method I use for deleting is a right-click, then click delete; this does the same
thing that some of you have described using the shift-delete, and I get a dialog
box showing the process.
roger_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
It definitely sounds odd. I would recommend restarting the Nook Color and trying again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger_15 View Post
The
method I use for deleting is a right-click, then click delete; this does the same
thing that some of you have described using the shift-delete, and I get a dialog
box showing the process.
The difference between delete and shift-delete and is that shift-delete doesn't copy the file into the Recycle Bin; it is immediately removed.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote