Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
LeeMin26
LeeMin26 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Series on a kindle device

I am trying to get my series to show on my kindle device. I have entered them into calibre but when I transfer it to my device sometimes it has the seriesname-seriesno-booktitle in the Book Name, sometimes it just shows the booktitle. Any hints on how to fix?
LeeMin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I don't have a kindle, but as I understand it you have to use a "plugboard" to update the title metadata when you send the book. The reason is that mobi format has no support for series metadata, so it has to be put in the title instead.

The best way to do that is by using a plugboard. That way you can use all the fields in Calibre as intended, and automatically get the title updated when you send it to your device.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMin26 View Post
Any hints on how to fix?
At the top of most of the calibre forums are Sticky posts with a wealth of information for folks looking for answers. In this case check out this sticky post (Techniques to use plugboards, custom columns and templates) at the top of the Library Management forum.

Good Reading!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote