Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayr View Post
Now the question is what made it finally sync? The fact that it was connected to a power source? Or does it just need some time to finally talk to the amazon server?
I'd say the latter, just needs some time to talk to the server. In future, if you ever have a similar issue, don't bother with the factory reset, just turn the wi-fi on, sync and check for items, then leave it in sleep mode.

I know I've had instances went I've sent free books from Amazon direct to my Kindle and they haven't appeared despite syncing and checking for items, but if I just leave it in sleep mode with the wi-fi on, they'll have appeared the next time I pick the Kindle up.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I had this happen to me just the other day. It was absolutely driving me nuts. For some reason, I decided to turn on my wifi/3G and that cleared it up.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #18
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just to chime in, this happened to my Kindle Touch last week. I routinely keep the wifi off. I noticed that the sort by recent stopped working and so I restarted the Kindle and, after the restart, noticed an incorrect time on the device. I reset the time manually, but the sort by recent still did not work. I turned on wifi and restarted the Kindle Touch and the time still did not set correctly. I vaguely remembered skimming this thread, and found it again to see that syncing to Amazan via wifi should help. It did, but it does not do this immediately, or for me, even within 10 min. I plugged my Kindle Touch into the the charger and let it sit overnight. It probably did not take overnight to resolve, but by the morning, all issues were resolved. No factory reset required, just allow some time to "thoroughly" sync to the Amazon servers.

An annoying problem, and worth having the thread in case others that read with wifi off experience this problem. Thanks all.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #19
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookatarian View Post
An annoying problem, and worth having the thread in case others that read with wifi off experience this problem. Thanks all.
My own chime-in.

The same thing happens to the Paperwhite (fw 5.2.0).

Finally located this thread and the wif-fi-on/sync/reset clock trick worked like a charm.

Of course, being online, it also let the unit download the v5.3.0 firmware update, too - at an indecently fast rate.

I had to delete the update file after turning Airplane mode back on.

Until a decent jailbreak for 5.3.0 arrives, I'm a bit paranoid that the bridge may not let me back in to reset the screensaver hack, which I love and don't want to lose. For the immediate future, I want to keep the unit at 5.2.0, as 5.3.0 gives me nothing I want and locks me out, too.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
My own chime-in.

The same thing happens to the Paperwhite (fw 5.2.0).

Finally located this thread and the wif-fi-on/sync/reset clock trick worked like a charm.

Of course, being online, it also let the unit download the v5.3.0 firmware update, too - at an indecently fast rate.

I had to delete the update file after turning Airplane mode back on.

Until a decent jailbreak for 5.3.0 arrives, I'm a bit paranoid that the bridge may not let me back in to reset the screensaver hack, which I love and don't want to lose. For the immediate future, I want to keep the unit at 5.2.0, as 5.3.0 gives me nothing I want and locks me out, too.
Jailbreak for 5.3.0 is ready and under final discussion - it will be released in a few hours.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Jailbreak for 5.3.0 is ready and under final discussion - it will be released in a few hours.
Great. As I understand custom fonts are supported with USE_ALT_FONTS on 5.3.0 without jailbreak again?
Old 12-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #22
Kumara
Kumara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
For me, the problem went away without connecting to the server at all. (Wireless is off.) The only thing special I did was to have it charged till full.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice
Please do not post to 2-year-old thread unless you have a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread