Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #31
Kuja
Kuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Hi inameiname,
the crashlog is not really what I expected (too short). I tried some of your streams and most of them returned this error, too (but not all of them) and I didn't find the exact reason, yet.

@isrealjb:
I actually don't own a Kindle Touch, but if someone does (and knows how to write simple apps in java on it), please contact me ;-)

UPDATE 2.3

- fixed loop-bug (only inside the kindlet, after exiting it doesn't loop anymore)
- fixed streaming bug (only one, the other one is still alive...)
- fixed pause bug
- added Record-GUI, press 'R' to see the records-menu
You need to grant an execution-permission for 'arecord' but as long as I don't know where it is located, I use an allround-execution-permission (see first post). If someone knows where the arecord binary hides, feel free to post it!

Last edited by Kuja; 03-31-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
arikfunke
Enthusiast
arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: iRex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
If someone knows where the arecord binary hides, feel free to post it!
Hi Kuja,

if you want to find the program that is executed by typing its name on a shell, use:

Code:
which progName
I.e.
Code:
which ls
will give you something like
Code:
/bin/ls
arikfunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
tedworthy
tedworthy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
K3MM working great here

Followed instructions, and blammo I now have a gui with my mplayer. Nice one Dev.
tedworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #34
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

I am able to play more streams now, but still not all. I noticed that it will play streams earlier in the file and will not play streams later in the file.

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #35
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
Hi inameiname,
the crashlog is not really what I expected (too short). I tried some of your streams and most of them returned this error, too (but not all of them) and I didn't find the exact reason, yet.
Same here. I was expecting the usual 50 pages of random crash logs.

That is strange why some of those streams work for you, while some do not, particularly as the majority of them are from the same site. Again, they all work using Launchpad and Mplayer (well, worked, as I haven't tried them in a while), but not on your GUI.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #36
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Great app. I now installed it and like it very much.

It would be great if the background playing could be improved. I selected the manual option and wasn't fast enough for clicking away the error message - the K3 crashed and gave me the 'your kindle needs repair' message. But after another restart it was fine again.

Anyway - great job, Kuja.
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #37
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Exclamation Help! It's not running!

I followed all the instructions, but i'm getting an This program cannot be opened error...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screenshot.bmp (469.8 KB, 352 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (1.2 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by qlob; 04-22-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Forgot the attachments
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #38
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
At

- SSH into your Kindle and edit the file /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy
- Add the following 4 lines to the block called 'grant signedBy "Kindlet" {' (this should be somewhere at the top)

Code:
permission java.io.FilePermission "<<ALL FILES>>", "execute";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/tmp/mplayer.liste", "read, write";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/music/-", "read, write, delete";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/music", "read, write, delete";

I got from WinSCP:

Error general (El servidor debe haber facilitado más información)
codigo de error: 4
Mensaje de error desde el servidor: Failure
Codigo de la petición: 3

Solution

With putty
mount root as rw - execute "mntroot rw"

Edit file /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy as indicated in the first post

restore root as ro - execute "mntroot ro"

Last edited by jmesar; 06-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #39
prince1joelito
prince1joelito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks!

It would be great to have rewind (-10s) and forward(+10s) controls. Maybe +-100 sec function too.
prince1joelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #40
jmesar
Enthusiast

DXG failure

Is the K3MusicManager compatible with KDXG? I got “An error occurred opening the title”
Old 06-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #41
jmesar
Enthusiast

Little improvement

Great application,
I suggest a little improvement, on K3w in landscape screen mode, the list of titles is cut.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #42
Kuja
Kuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watch

At first: sorry for not answering questions and stopping developement. More explanations later in the post...

@qlob: According to the crashlog (line 238 in code) it should be an error with the launch of /mnt/us/system/mplayer at the kindlets start (it starts "sleeping" and waits for tasks). Try killing the mplayer process manually, restarting the kindlet and at last maybe swap the mplayer binary. Yes, this comes far too late, sorry...

@jmesar: I didn't see how the landscape mode could be useful for this app so I removed it in the textoption menu. I actually forgot the possibility to enter landscape mode outside the kindlet. And I don't know if KindleDX can handle this, I thought it should. But according to your experience it doesn't seem to...
And for the older post: Yes, you need writing permissions to edit the file, but I'm not sure, if the last line ("mntroot ro") is needed.

And now to everyone else:

In the last time, many things have changed. I had my kindle sleeping in it's case for a long time (lost interest/was busy) when I decided to read some interesting articles in the web ca. one month ago. After reading and returning to home screen I saw a new "book" in my list called "Test Kindle Installation Result", by "Amazon". The content of it was a message about the fact, that my kindle was no longer a testkindle with the ability to play unveryfied .azw2 stuff. To proof this I tried to open an app, but the same message popped up, that you get if the device's developer.keystore isn't the same as the one your app is signed with. Of course the next step was having a look into "/var/local/java/keystore/" and voila, the whole content changed. There's no longer a developer.keystore, but instead "developer-application.keystore" and "application.keystore" (the new content of the folder "/var/local/java/keystore/" and the message in .azw format are attached to this post, both in .rar-archives becouse of mobilereads format restrictions).
Obviously "developer-application.keystore" uses another decryption than before and as long as I'm a noob at this stuff, I gave up the whole thing after some desperate tests. Sadly I don't have a backup of my kindles filesystem to return to an earlyer state, I don't think this is the only thing that they've changed (don't know why this wasn't the first action I performed with my kindle when I got it...).

Of course it's my fault, becouse Amazon is allowed to change files on my kindle when I'm connected to the web via wifi and if I did unauthorized things, as long as I agreed with their terms of service... But to be honest, I didn't expect them to become active ^^

I could have asked mobileread for help but however I am fed up with Amazon at the moment and in addition to that I saw the benefits of a touchscreen at my friends eBook-readers, so I decided to "upgrade".
I sold my Kindle 3 and am going to buy a Sony PRS-T1 now, becouse of touchscreen, Android (huge software amount), NOT-Amazon, weight/size, etc...
Sorry for my betrayal

For you this doesn't mean so much, as long as I have been extremely slow with useful updates the last time...

Regards

Kuja
Attached Files
File Type: rar var-local-java-keystore-.rar (8.3 KB, 188 views)
File Type: rar AmazonMessage.rar (1.5 KB, 177 views)
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #43
kys
kys began at the beginning.

Device: kd

Last edited by kys; 06-21-2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: found fault
kys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #44
spl0it
spl0it began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I used to have the following issue with installation:
When copying the merged developer.keystore it was removed after restarting the device.
I, however, uninstalled the freedownload hack and it works now.

Thanks a lot for the application.

One question: why doesn't it list .flac files?
spl0it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #45
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

How can i play songs in the /mnt/us/audible floder ?
Thank you.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote