Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Kindle Fire vs. Nook...you make the call who wins

Latest CNET prizefight
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/...85221.2500.mp4

Do you agree with the results?
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I definitely disagree with round 1. To me the Fire looks clean and gorgeous in slick all black where the Nook looks like a kids toy.

Yes the SD card on the Fire hurt it a lot for most of it but to me the Fire is the winner for all it can do and do well.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
I think the sales numbers pretty much makes the Kindle Fire the winner. I still haven't missed the fact it has no SD slot. I don't think I would even use it if I had it.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
For most consumers it's all about the ecosystem. That's as true for the KF as it is for the iPad. Haven't used the Nook Tablet but it appears to be good device with a number of nice features. On the other hand, providing 16gigs of memory while reserving 14 gigs of space for B&N purchased content is an exercise in bait and switch, especially when the available B&N content is limited.

Frankly, I hope the B&N Tablet does well. Along with the KF it provides another low cost alternative for tech challenged consumers in the Android tablet marketplace. And that benefits everyone in terms of encouraging apps designed for the 7" form factor.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
I definitely disagree with round 1. To me the Fire looks clean and gorgeous in slick all black where the Nook looks like a kids toy.

Yes the SD card on the Fire hurt it a lot for most of it but to me the Fire is the winner for all it can do and do well.
My thoughts too. I have never cared much for the style of the Nooks. I have always hated that lower left-hand corner design on my NOOKcolor. For me the Fire is an easy winner. It's all about the access to content when it comes down to a single reason. Thanks for sharing this video!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
While I enjoy the Fire... I would probably use a Nook Tablet more if I had both. Probably a little biased since I have a Nook Color that I absolutely used the crap out of for everything (rooted), and would not mind having the Tablet all rooted and ready for use and abuse.

I agree with those that say that the lack of an SD card really bugs me because I really don't care for cloud storage and such. And, the overall design of the Nook Color/Tablet have grown on me and I actually quite like them.

But, regardless, I've got the Fire burning in me, so I'm not going to jump ship. Until the next one comes out.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I did make the call. I returned the NT and kept the KF.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote