Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 AM   #16
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Propped against a slot machine in Vegas. I wasn't the one who was gambling.

On a boat, while waiting my turn to water ski.

Oh, and in a bar, when dragged along on a karaoke outing.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 07-18-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #17
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
On the gurney, waiting to go into heart surgury. It was just an angioplasty and I'll be honest-- I don't remember what book it was.
Wow, you're hardcore! Were you tempted to pass on the anesthesia too? "I don't need that...I'm reading here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Propped against a slot machine in Vegas. I wasn't the one who was gambling.

Oh, and in a bar, when dragged along on a karaoke outing.
I love the image of someone slumped against a slot machine in Vegas and reading. As for the karaoke, you were probably the only one who was enjoying any entertainment.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
While escaping from a burning building. Okay, so the fire was a minor one and I was just responding to the alarm, but still there were fire engines and everything
I've read in the back of a fire truck on the way to a 3rd alarm fire call(a really big fire). I had my gear on and ready so had a couple of minutes to finish the last couple of pages of the chapter.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #19
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
While I was breathing in anaesthesia through an oxygen mask. Thankfully though they took my Kindle back to my bed after I had passed out. I took a while to pass out though, I think I managed a few pages.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #20
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
On the gurney, waiting to go into heart surgury. It was just an angioplasty and I'll be honest-- I don't remember what book it was.
Me too; I was waiting for hernia surgery. The surgeon came in to talk to me before the surgery and gaped in disbelief at the book in my hands (one of the Prey series by Jon Sandford). "What's the matter" I asked, "Don't you like Sandford?"

With a smile on his face, he turned to the anesthesiologist and said, "Better give him a double shot"
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
E-book readers seem to be very popular pastime while waiting for various surgeries!
I had my trusty Irex Iliad with me when I was waiting for the ol' snip (vasectomy)
Unfortunately I had to wait for a minute for it to boot up. By that time the nurse was there with the gown. Fun over.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #22
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I'm not sure about extreme, but I have read the Kama Sutra in some interesting places. I will leave it at that though, for the sake of the innocent.

Oh, and I do remember doing research on Chinese history at a strip club. It was my roommate's birthday and she wanted to take me to a gentlemen's establishment for her own strange amusement. I think the workers were a little offended that I was ignoring them the whole time.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 07-18-2010 at 11:01 AM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #23
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
I'm not sure about extreme, but I have read the Kama Sutra in some interesting places. I will leave it at that though, for the sake of the innocent.

Oh, and I do remember doing research on Chinese history at a strip club. It was my roommate's birthday and she wanted to take me to a gentlemen's establishment for her own strange amusement. I think the workers were a little offended that I was ignoring them the whole time.
You get my vote!
I just have one question: Did you have to use a reading light?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #24
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
You get my vote!
I just have one question: Did you have to use a reading light?
If you're close enough to the stage, there's plenty of light, as long as one of the esteemed practitioners of the anatomical display arts isn't hovering over you casting a shadow. Luckily for me, they didn't have much interest in learning about the Zhou dynasty while at work.

As for the KS reading situations...well, let's not go there

Last edited by LDBoblo; 07-18-2010 at 02:16 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post

As for the KS reading situations...well, let's not go there
Research or Book Club?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Disneyland on space mountain.

I was reading in line and thought it would be halarious to get a picture of me reading on the ride.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #27
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Has anyone here been using their e-reader while actively involved in a gunfight with a gang of mafia henchmen while zooming down the river in a speedboat, a briefcase full of rare, uncut blue diamonds on the seat beside them?

If not, then I win.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #28
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Reading while waiting for surgery must be passe, as I've done it too. When I woke up someone had tucked the reader under the pillow.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #29
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Has anyone here been using their e-reader while actively involved in a gunfight with a gang of mafia henchmen while zooming down the river in a speedboat, a briefcase full of rare, uncut blue diamonds on the seat beside them?

If not, then I win.
You were reading Twilight though, weren't you? It's ok, you can admit it.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #30
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Probably TMI but, while in labor, Sexy! I know
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote