Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 05:13 AM   #1
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Likebook Mars - Writing on PDF's

I want to add hand written notes to a PDF so I'm trying to find a solution using my Likebook Mars. I've tried the Likebook PDF reader, Moon+ Reader Pro and Xodo Docs. I've worked out how to use the pencil mode in Xodo Docs but the Likebook screen will only respond to my finger which is much too crude an input device.

I also own a Boox Max 2 which works well when writing on PDF's using the pen/stylus but it feels too big to carry around. I tried using the Max 2 stylus/pen with the Likebook but it doesn't respond. I don't want to press down too hard on the screen in case it damages it. Only my finger seems to work. Is there a stylus I can buy for the Likebook Mars or a better app for writing on PDF's? Or is the Likebook Mars just not suitable for this purpose?

If the Likebook Mars is not suitable then is there any other 8" e-reader that can be used to write on PDF's?
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Hi!
I was looking for something similar but finally had no budget and bought a Likebook Mars.

These two are the most similar to what you look for:

- Goodreader 6.8" - https://goodereader.com/blog/product/good-e-reader-6-8
- Onyx Boox Nova S 9.7" - http://www.boox.com/boox-notes/

Regards.
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Thanks for your advice. The two e-readers you suggested do exactly what I need. My only concern is that the Note S has been discontinued and, although it's cheaper, the Goodreader is a bit of an unknown quantity. I'm hoping that either the Nova Pro or the Note Pro will be released soon. I might also check out the new Likebook Mimas. An 8" e-reader is a great size for reading on the go but maybe a 10" e-reader is better suited to writing on PDF's? I wish we could visit an e-reader store and try out the different models before we buy but here in the UK that's not possible.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote