Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
TooSpoon
TooSpoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo wont open any CBR file

Hi,
Few days ago I came home and decided to update my Kobo Glo via WiFi, everything went just fine until I booted my device and found out it was randomly freezing and rebooting as it pleased. So I tried to update it via PC and that managed to fix the problem, but then I noticed that when I wanted to open a CBR file it would just freeze again. By then I didnt have anymore patience and so I did the factory reset but that did not solved the problem, I even tried move those files to the devices internal memory (since originally it was stored on the microSD card) but it wouldnt show up anyway. Everything works seemingly fine but the CBR files are just not shown in the Books folder.
I would be most grateful if anyone could help. Thanks!
TooSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you looked at some of the other threads on CBR here?

Experiments have shown that some releases have had issues with CBZ files. In all cases if the CBR is a misnamed CBZ or the CBZ a misnamed CBR it will not work,

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=cbr or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=cbr

Can you do two things
  1. Report what f/w level toy are on
  2. Validate the actual format of the CBR file by opening it via a text editor and looking at the first few characters; CBZ starts with PK and CBR with RAR!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
TooSpoon
TooSpoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
1. 2.8.1 - b2c05cda0e
2. Yes, its a RAR.

edit: Well reading through the threads you posted. It seems that b2c05cda0e does not support CBR, but should in fact support CBZ file format. Guess I will try to change them to CBZs and let you know whether it works. Thanks for help.

Last edited by TooSpoon; 10-16-2013 at 04:23 PM.
TooSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote