Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #61
socks
socks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I am very new and this whole patching thing was a good challenging experience for me, I think I mostly have the hang of it. I patched onto a Kobo Clara HD. I only installed the patch to adjust my footer size and to have the advanced settings for sideloaded fonts and didn't enable any other patches. I am having an issue though:

1. Rapid turn isn't working for me - anyone else experience this?
2. I don't know if it was there before I patched, but has the 'reading stats/activity' icon from the bottom right of the reading menu (i.e. when you press the middle/top of the screen whilst reading, where the "Aa" icon is) disappeared for anyone? I only have 5 icons on the bottom right. I watched someone's review of the Clara HD and they had a few more, including the 'reading stats' one?

I would really appreciate any help and sorry if these are really simple questions.
socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by socks View Post
Hi Everyone,

First of all, I am very new and this whole patching thing was a good challenging experience for me, I think I mostly have the hang of it. I patched onto a Kobo Clara HD. I only installed the patch to adjust my footer size and to have the advanced settings for sideloaded fonts and didn't enable any other patches. I am having an issue though:

1. Rapid turn isn't working for me - anyone else experience this?
2. I don't know if it was there before I patched, but has the 'reading stats/activity' icon from the bottom right of the reading menu (i.e. when you press the middle/top of the screen whilst reading, where the "Aa" icon is) disappeared for anyone? I only have 5 icons on the bottom right. I watched someone's review of the Clara HD and they had a few more, including the 'reading stats' one?

I would really appreciate any help and sorry if these are really simple questions.
Both of those functions are part of the kepub reader. They aren't available when reading epubs. There is plenty of discussion here on kepubs vs epubs and how to sideload them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #63
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scionmessenger View Post
It looks like you might be missing a find zlib line. Im not sure, know nothing really of coding, just basing that off of the above stuff.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I've changed the original post.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #64
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Want me to add it to the patch zips?
If you consider it appropriate, do it.
Good luck.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #65
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
...I noticed that the text in the dictionary window is far down...

I think this solve it.
Please, confirm.
Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 09-16-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Solution?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #66
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
nickel.yaml
Only Reading and My Books
Do NOT use with Remove footer (row3) on new home screen
Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading and My Books:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Home screen tweaks
  - FindZlib: "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2"
# To see Current Collection remove #row2col2 into Repalace clause
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Only Reading
Do NOT use with Remove footer (row3) on new home screen

Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading:
  - FindZlib: "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Good luck.
@JCN363, tried both again with fresh downloads of firmware and patch with your changes. They both work! One note you might want to add is that with the code the way you have it, if you also have

Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen:On

It does not work. It thows

Fatal: Could not apply patch file src/nickel.yaml: FindZlib: could not find string

Thanks again! Im happy! You guys are the best!
scionmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #67
socks
socks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Both of those functions are part of the kepub reader. They aren't available when reading epubs. There is plenty of discussion here on kepubs vs epubs and how to sideload them.
@davidfor

I realised this pretty soon after I posted! I bought a kepub from the kobo store and then realised those functions are specific to kepubs.

I only got the Clara a few days ago and had only loaded some of my own epubs onto it so that's all I was testing it with.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm happy I got it working - thanks to the whole community for all the input and support in general and I hope I can give back one day too.
socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 AM   #68
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
One note you might want to add is that with the code the way you have it, if you also have

Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen:On

It does not work. It thows

Fatal: Could not apply patch file src/nickel.yaml: FindZlib: could not find string

Changed
Perhaps you should add:
Code:
into Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen (I didn't. )
Good luck.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #69
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Quote:

I think this solve it.
Please, confirm.
Good luck.
It's perfect. Thanks a lot, @jcn363.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:26 AM   #70
gillesit
gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo AuraOne
Is it possible to have screenshots of the two patches "Only Reading and My Books" and "Only Reading"?
Thank you
gillesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:05 AM   #71
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesit View Post
Is it possible to have screenshots of the two patches "Only Reading and My Books" and "Only Reading"?
Thank you
Here
The first one is Only Reading.
The second and third one is Only Reading and My Books.
Good luck.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #72
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
pics of only reading and only "my books, aka slot on left bottom"

Quote:
Thank you
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=60
scionmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #73
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Thank you
Quote:
Sorry, it's almost the same.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	166391  

Last edited by jcn363; 09-19-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:51 AM   #74
jcn363
absolute beginner

Footnotes and alike

Put into nickel.yaml file
Spoiler:
Code:
Footnotes and alike:
  - Description: |
      Change footnotes and alike font-size
#        - Touch # Trilogy
#        - Touch2 # Pika
#        - Mini # Pixie
#        - AuraHD # Dragon
#        - Aura # Phoenix
#        - Aura2 # Star
#        - Glo # Kraken - uses the values of Phoenix
#        - H2O # Dahlia - uses the values of Dragon
#        - H2O2 # Snow
#        - GloHD # Alyssum
#        - ClaraHD # Nova
#        - AuraOne # Daylight
  - FindZlib:  "QWidget[small"
# Pop-up header (footnotes and alike)
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "HeaderMediumElidedLabel,\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel,\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel {\n  font-family: Georgia;\n  qproperty-alignment: 'AlignLeft|AlignVCenter';\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 30px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 36px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 46px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 50px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 50px;\n}\n\
                HeaderMediumElidedLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true],\n\
                HeaderMediumLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 60px;\n}"
      Replace: "HeaderMediumElidedLabel,HeaderMediumTouchLabel,HeaderMediumLabel{font-family:Georgia;qproperty-alignment:'AlignLeft|AlignVCenter';font-size:60px;}"
# Pop-up text (footnotes and alike)
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "RegularTouchLabel {\n  font-family: Georgia;\n  font-style: italic;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularTouchLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}"
      Replace: "RegularTouchLabel{font-family:Georgia;font-style:italic;font-size:37px;}"

Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 10-09-2018 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:31 AM   #75
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Quote:
Put into nickel.yaml file
[spoiler][code]
Good luck.
Thanks, how do I get the values for H2O2 "Snow"?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch32lsb, patches, patching