Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #31
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
Paula McLain has now completed a novel about the life of Beryl Markham, which has garnered a few positive reviews. I thought I'd post a link to a quick interview with her regarding that book that was in this weekend's Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...ticle25876229/
Thanks for sharing this information. I've just placed the book on hold at my library. The Paris Wife was well-received so I expect this novel will be a great read too. I read West with the Night and really enjoyed it, although I don't think I posted my thoughts at the time. I liked the story-telling. What an adventurous life! Regardless of whether the book may have been embellished for effect, the real contribution that Markham made to aviation, especially as a female defying standard norms, is very inspiring.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #32
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Thanks for posting this. Looks interesting.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #33
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
Paula McLain has now completed a novel about the life of Beryl Markham, which has garnered a few positive reviews. I thought I'd post a link to a quick interview with her regarding that book that was in this weekend's Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...ticle25876229/
Circling the Sun finally came through on my library holds. It was a quick read. However I just wanted to share a forewarning to others that it is heavy on romantic liaisons and light on airplane adventures. So it left me disappointed in that regards. Thanks again for making me aware of it though!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #34
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Interesting. Of course, Beryl's life was rather full of that, though you'd think she was celibate if you only read West with the Night.

I've currently got it on my Audible wishlist, but haven't bought it yet. OTOH, I have two credits in hand, so...
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote