Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi Sharkus,

Thanks again for your feedback. If there is a way to trigger the adobe renderer on IOS, please let me know, I'll make a special version.

Have a nice day.

François
Sorry for late response.
We, the iOS app I mean, is expecting it to be an adobe adept DRM's file. You would need to get the file in such a state and I don't think that is something that is simple to do. I think the eReaders use Adobe for all side-loaded files (perhaps only just .epub files), and so you can simply side-load it. On iOs, we will try and use our own renderers, unless we detect it is an adobe DRM'd file.

Sorry that isn't much help.

Last edited by Sharkus; 05-09-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Thanks Sharkus.

I think you were right in your previous post: I thought it was adobe renderer, but it is best viewed in Access.

And I discover that every device has a different way of triggering this renderer.

My latest attempt was not a quiz but a bilingual edition of a Chinese book.
Every character has its pinyin and translation available by click or mouse over.

I'm sure this way of showing information at the right place without breaking the line of reading will be useful in multilingual or parallel editions.

Cheers

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert