Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
Sissinghurst
Sissinghurst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Add to index/contents list in Mobi?

Is it possible to add to the index in a mobi format book? (or I could convert it to azw3 I guess as it's to be read in a Kindle). There is a long contents list near the start of the book which is clickable, but none of the chapters appear in the 'go to' menu in the Kindle. That just lists other parts of the book like the introduction, main book and appendices. How can I get these chapters into that menu via Calibre?
Sissinghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Sissinghurst

An old posts says it's in Tools, but where the heck is Tools now? There isn't anything called either tools or table of contents under Preferences.
Advert
Old 01-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
do a mobi to mobi conversion and use the option under the table of contents section of the conversion dialog to generate the table of contents from links in the book. Or convert to azw3 and use the table of content editor in the edit book tool to create the toc manually.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/con...le-of-contents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
Sissinghurst

Thumbs up

Thank you very much.

I've now created the contents list I wanted in azw3, and it is working on the Kindle.