Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
dmcurator
dmcurator began at the beginning.

Device: None
Feature Request: Quick Swtich on Main Toolbar or Search Bar

I find that I change and bounce around between my various libraries quite frequently. The ability have direct access to "Quick Switch" either by adding an action button to the Main Toolbar or having a drop down built into the Search Bar would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.
dmcurator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
right click the calibre button to get a quick switch list of the five most frequently sued libraries.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Windows 10 tablet,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcurator View Post
I find that I change and bounce around between my various libraries quite frequently. The ability have direct access to "Quick Switch" either by adding an action button to the Main Toolbar or having a drop down built into the Search Bar would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
right click the calibre button to get a quick switch list of the five most frequently sued libraries.
Also go to calibre-preferences-toolbars:

Add chose library to the books context menu.

bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-01-06 11-02-50.png
Views:	22
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	168875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-01-06 11-04-33.png
Views:	20
Size:	739.6 KB
ID:	168876  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
dmcurator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you for the guidance and lightning fast response.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #5
dmcurator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Also go to calibre-preferences-toolbars:

Add chose library to the books context menu.

bernie
Thank you.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@dmcurator - like you I switch between libraries quite a lot. I have Quick Switch at the top of my Favourites (optional plugin) list, which is at the top of my context menus

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	168877

The Favourites plugin allows the user to cherry-pick individual options from individual Action items - it's one of the lesser knows calibre gems.

Aside: I don't need to switch as much since the CalibreSpy plugin came into being last year. With it you can concurrently view multiple libraries on a Read-Only basis alongside the regular calibre library manager.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote