Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #211
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Oh come on, you can't just change a period to a comma and call it a sentence! At least make that first one a semicolon like everyone else does!

Good suggestion.....otherwise he has two sentences.

And nobody wants to read two sentences!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #212
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
"I didn't even know llamas could do that", stormed Tarquin as he ran headlong towards the shower, immediate expectations of steaming, soapy resurrection taking precedence over everything, even his previously unchallengeable Deborah Johnston fixation.
Very good
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #213
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Oh come on, you can't just change a period to a comma and call it a sentence! At least make that first one a semicolon like everyone else does!
Isn't it part of artistic license? ;p
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #214
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
If you realy want to here about it the first thing you'll probibly want to no is where I learned to rite, and why my spelling is so lousy, and what my editor was doing while he was surposed to edit my book and all that crap, but I dont feel like going into it and you dont deserve any better anyway since you bought my novel from amazon for 99c and it is friggin selfpublished and has a shiny spaceship and a women with big boobs on the cover.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #215
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
If you realy want to here about it the first thing you'll probibly want to no is where I learned to rite, and why my spelling is so lousy, and what my editor was doing while he was surposed to edit my book and all that crap, but I dont feel like going into it and you dont deserve any better anyway since you bought my novel from amazon for 99c and it is friggin selfpublished and has a shiny spaceship and a women with big boobs on the cover.

I always suspected that Holden Caulfield had another novel in him.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #216
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
The reviews are in:
"Stunning!" "Unbelievable!" "It's everything I expected!"
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #217
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
"It's everything I expected!"
Why does this sound like a threat?
Old 05-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #218
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
"Form up, form up, there is plenty of room for all the souls in line, so don't worry because after all this is eternity," a voice seemed to boom out over the air at him though he couldn't see a loud speaker anywhere within his view.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #219
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
When she swept into the room, I immediately threw a pail of water at her and watched her dissolve -silly thing riding her broom in public!

As he "bravely" hung from a large nail driven into the giant's club, suspended nearly forty feet above the lava, jack seriously reconsidered his career choice.

As his gravitationally powered spaceship prototype continued to accelerate uncontrollably toward the nearest sun, the professor writer realized his only hope of surviving his current predicament revolved around refining his equations sentence to properly place a comma period.

Last edited by TechniSol; 05-11-2015 at 03:27 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:51 PM   #220
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
"Form up, form up, there is plenty of room for all the souls in line, so don't worry because after all this is eternity," a voice seemed to boom out over the air at him though he couldn't see a loud speaker anywhere within his view.
Lovely. For a properly soul-crushing effect this should of course be the first sentence of a 1000-page novel at least.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #221
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Lovely. For a properly soul-crushing effect this should of course be the first sentence of a 1000-page novel at least.
That would depend on where the protagonist goes from there though. Who knows where the story could lead.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote