Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Lacy, Ed: Room To Swing. v1.5 18 July 07

ADDITION: Released under a Creative Commons license at
http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/author/ed_lacy
Version 1.5 reflects this.

(Reformatted by me to my specifications.)

Another hard-hitting, gritty detective story. This one won the Edgar Award for Best Mystery Novel.

Here's what one critic wrote:

"Room To Swing remains high on my list of hardboiled mystery novels. There was a lyricism, almost a poetry, to the writing that touched not only the powerful, melancholy storyline but also the elegant and evocative place descriptions. I've always regarded this as a true masterpiece. Certainly, its take on race makes it a milestone, too. But the sociology of it too often overshadows the sad truth of the tale itself. I liked several other Lacy novels very much, too, but Room is the one that got him to heaven.”

High praise, indeed.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

P.S.: I have one more Ed Lacy novel to do, and that will be it, until some more of his writings are available.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-27-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Prefix
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Dr. Dib, when you make a change to a book and post the new version, it would be nice if when you deleted the original file, you posted how many hits the original file had. This way we can keep track properly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll do that.

What's the best way? -- Just put that number in my thread? --- Or should I email you or Harry?

Thanks,
Don
Old 07-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'll do that.

What's the best way? -- Just put that number in my thread? --- Or should I email you or Harry?

Thanks,
Don
Last time I replaced a file with a new version, I put in...

Note: Version 1.0 downloaded 59 times.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'll do that. It never occurred to me to do that on updates. I agree that would be nice to know how many times a title was downloaded. I find myself checking on these matters, too.

Thanks,
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Last time I replaced a file with a new version, I put in...

Note: Version 1.0 downloaded 59 times.
Advert