Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
PRS-300/PRS-600 pictures!

Looks like ZDNet got a hold of Sony's press kit ahead of everyone else:
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-328169.html
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
this is fun
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice !!! hm, that "more apps" on the 600 is intriguing... i'm glad they seem to have kept the overall interface of the 700, i think it's really well designed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Sexy, just sexy!!!
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I like the position of the ridge/groove on the left-hand side, makes it more book-like somehow.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
*Drooling*
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I didn't like the design choices when these were first announced, but I hadn't seen the black 600, now I'm in lurve

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I like the design of the 600. The 300... not so much.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I like the position of the ridge/groove on the left-hand side, makes it more book-like somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I didn't like the design choices when these were first announced, but I hadn't seen the black 600, now I'm in lurve
me too, completely. gadget lust is a terrible curse.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Upgrade! Do I hear the crowd asking/demanding/begging for an upgrade route from earlier models?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Upgrade! Do I hear the crowd asking/demanding/begging for an upgrade route from earlier models?
yes you do, and it would appear that is a possibility :

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Gizmodo:
Quote:
Owners of the PRS-505 and the PRS-700 will be able to download the Mac client and a firmware update at the time of launch, late this month.
Great if true!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Evolutiuon of the Reader logo. Top: PRS-500, bottom: PRS-300/600.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.png
Views:	1404
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	33622  
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Evolutiuon of the Reader logo. Top: PRS-500, bottom: PRS-300/600.
i noticed the new logo too, i think it's much nicer !
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i noticed the new logo too, i think it's much nicer !

Agreed, the new logo is much more effective. There doesn't seem to be a logo on the prs505 (i just checked).
Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

more more effective and much classier too. those faux-italics really don't cut in on a READING DEVICE logo, seriously.

based on the photos, what do you think are the chances a 700 cover will work on a 600 ?