Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-25-2023, 07:56 PM   #1
G_93
G_93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th Gen
(KPW) News > Epub vs Mobi conversion, formatting issues

I'm a longtime KPW 6th gen user, but new to Calibre. I've setup Calibre to fetch and send news to my KPW. I initially had it setup to send in the MOBI format, but learned that Kindle will soon drop support for that. EPUB seemed like the next best format to use, so I changed my settings to that.

My issue is that the EPUB formatting is a lot harder to navigate and read than MOBI, and often includes web elements and links. News in MOBI format is always cleanly laid out and categorized. (Photos of MOBI vs EPUB formatting on my KPW attached.)

Is there any way to make EPUB match the formatting of MOBI? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EPUB article list.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	654.2 KB
ID:	200619   Click image for larger version

Name:	EPUB, web elements included.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	511.9 KB
ID:	200620   Click image for larger version

Name:	MOBI article list.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	614.6 KB
ID:	200621   Click image for larger version

Name:	MOBI articles category.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	200622  
G_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:54 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Kindles support a variant of MOBI format that is specific to periodicals. Calibre produces that when MOBI is used as the periodical output format. You won’t get that special handling if you use EPUB.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert