Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-22-2023, 06:32 PM   #1
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Unhappy Digital Photography Review CLOSING

https://www.dpreview.com/news/590114...w-com-to-close
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 01:23 PM   #2
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Really sad news since DPReview was around for 25 years covering almost all of the modern consumer digital photography era. Their database of studio tests and reviews is priceless as far as information goes. And the forums were top notch.

According to PetaPixel, a volunteer organization known as the Archive Team has announced that they are frantically trying to archive as much as they can, but Amazon (the parent company) is taking the site down in about 3 weeks, so not much time.

Apparently Bezos thinks it is better to squander money on suborbital space flights for millionaires who want to ride a giant woman's vibrator toy to the edge of space, but not important to archive an invaluable source of digital photography/videography history for future generations.

On a personal note, after I retired I took up nightscape and astrophotography. DPReview became my goto source for learning, and later passing along, wisdom about same. I joined their forums at least 15 years ago as screen name W5JCK. I will miss my old friends there, and I will miss the wealth of information and help that resided therein.

Last edited by OtinG; 03-23-2023 at 01:28 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:43 PM   #3
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Yep,

I fully agree. I have been a member since 2001. I have learned a bunch from other members as well as loved the reviews. Very sad.....
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote