Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-12-2022, 10:18 AM   #46
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I have started adding books to the Masterpost. January's topic books have all been added. Please feel free to have a look and start looking for buddy reads!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 04:05 PM   #47
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Thank you for doing all this, astrangerhere. It's very much appreciated.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:02 PM   #48
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Looks fun, just joined. I don't use Storygraph much, but have an account
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #49
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I plan to finish up the Masterpost list today!
Old 01-02-2023, 05:50 PM   #50
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I joined the challenge and will decide January's title after I finish current one.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 09:06 PM   #51
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
My first book of the year will be Raymond Chandler's The High Window, which isn't part of my Storygraph challenge, but is part of a self challenge to read all of Raymond Chandler's stuff, one book a month.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:34 AM   #52
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I read PGW's Heavy Weather as my January read for the challenge, and it turned out to be both funny and meteorologically appropriate.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 07:48 PM   #53
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Disappointed that there's no current "Partners" style discount at Kobo, but I still bought this anyway for my February prompt - at only 52 pages, easily the shortest book in my TBR and I only need to manage 2 pages a day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	il-principe-69.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	198836  
Old 02-09-2023, 05:46 AM   #54
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Two down, ten to go. My overriding impression having finished Il Principe was just how much Pratchett's Vetinari owes to Machiavelli. I thought his name was just a riff on Medici, but now that I've read it, I see that Pratchett modelled Vetinari very closely on Niccolo's ideal Prince.
Old 06-02-2023, 11:31 PM   #55
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

I finished my June prompt yesterday, Witi Ihimaera's Whale Rider. A short story, and I'd seen the film, but the book's deep dive into the culture and history of Ihimaera's East Coast Māori heritage was really fascinating. Much more so for me than the magical realism elements - although again, the author's providing a summary of many variants of the Whale Rider myth in his notes after the story was interesting.
Old 06-03-2023, 04:54 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've three books left.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 05:46 AM   #57
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

reading each book in its selected month is partof the challenger for. I am making myself wait until I get to the designated month before starting them.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:37 AM   #58
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm keeping pace, but I'm a bit out of order, i.e., I've not done April but I've finished June. My plan for this month is to read April's book and be in sync by the half-year mark.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 10:13 AM   #59
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm keeping pace, but I'm a bit out of order, i.e., I've not done April but I've finished June. My plan for this month is to read April's book and be in sync by the half-year mark.
I'm just one sitting away from being one month ahead. I read July's book early because I was reading it along with my wife. The "reading books selected by my wife" challenge comes before all

I'm almost done with June's book and am already looking forward to my late summer and fall selections.

This challenge has been super fun, even if it hasn't resulted in any buddy reads yet.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:25 PM   #60
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Moby Dick is really dragging me down. It was one of my May reads and I'm not yet finished.

Luckily, my other May read is Airport. I ought to be able to zip through that.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote