Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Easter egg: Do MOBI files work under 1.9.14?!

I just opened a book on my Kobo Touch, 1.9.14. It took a little longer to open than I expected, and there was no menu option to search it. Puzzled, I checked one of my other books. It opened fast, and had a search menu item.

What was the difference? The first book was a MOBI, which I had loaded by mistake, thinking it was an EPUB. It was nicely formatted and perfectly readable, apart from the table of contents not being clickable.

Attempts to read MOBI files on previous firmware versions resulted in total gibberish and even dire crashes. If this is an attempt to bring robust MOBI reading to the KT (and how can it not be?), then Kobo devs, I salute you.

Anyone else care to try? Be careful!
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:47 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Wow, I need to test this. I have few mobi books (non-drm) but on old firmware it was all gibberish... This is nice to have feature, although Calibre works pretty well when converting from mobi to epub.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
volpo
Groupie
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Glo HD
When I first got my Touch I thought that it supported Mobi so tried it and it worked. It was quite slow so I never tried again. The first specs I saw said that the Touch did support Mobi.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote