Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #31
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleIvor View Post
There are 101 PhD theses waiting to be written on the semiotics of book covers.
Interesting. (Had to look up semiotics.)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #32
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I don't have big problems with the dark background version, it's has the minimum to offend, but I think it also has the minimum to attract. (I do understand how the cartoon characters may come to grate. In this house we refer to that effect as "be-sharpish" - in reference to the Simpsons's Barbership Quartet episode where Skinner says: "we need a name that's witty at first, but that seems less funny each time you hear it.")

I don't like the question mark, I'd be happy to see it gone.
Thanks gmw. I just think since this is going to be a series that I'm locking myself into the cartoon characters and most of the books like mine are icons and simple backgrounds. And the cartoonish characters are just striking me as cheesy. I'm getting rid of the ? and posting again. Thanks.
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 03:00 PM   #33
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I agree too cartoonidh. The dark navy blue background I like best. Reminds me of some of the Kindle Stephen King covers
Thanks. Yeah, the cartoonish isn't working for me anymore.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #34
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Here's the latest. I took out the question mark from the title. I emboldened the tagline and changed its last line. Thanks.

Last edited by Gregg Bell; 04-14-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: changed .org to .cc
Old 04-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #35
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Why can't I see any of the images? All I see is a grey cloud overlaid by a small triangle with an exclamation mark inside. Is it me, or is that what everyone sees?
Advert
Old 04-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #36
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I can see the image on the first post, but like you I see just the cloud/triangle thing for all the others. These images were all linked from external sites. The first comes from mediafire.com, the others from postimg.org.

Apparently postimg.org was being used by postimages.org and they are reporting a domain problem. If the links are changed from postimg.org to postimg.cc they work.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #37
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Yes, postimg changed it and I just now realized it. I changed some of the images back (doing the .org --> .cc thing) but then MR stopped me from changing anymore.

Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, here's the latest:

Old 04-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #38
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Off topic: given the current situation, I can't help feeling that the tagline should be: A nuclear crisis. Three idiots. What could go wrong?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #39
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Off topic: given the current situation, I can't help feeling that the tagline should be: A nuclear crisis. Three idiots. What could go wrong?
Yeah really.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:17 AM   #40
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I preferred the tag as *One* nuclear crisis, rather than *A*

"One", "Two", just had more of a swing to it.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #41
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post

Agree strongly with this.

Hitch
Old 04-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #42
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:

Agreed
Old 04-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #43
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:

Great catch, Granny. "A" was inadvertent. I must've been rushing. Thank you!

(I also took out "a novel," as I don't think anyone is going to mistake this cover as a treatise on Navy Seal rescues.)

I'll post the tweaked cover at the bottom of this thread.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #44
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Agree strongly with this.

Hitch
Thanks Hitch.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #45
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Agreed
Thanks Dazrin.
Closed Thread