Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 04-23-2004, 05:18 AM   #1
plelkes
plelkes began at the beginning.

font and/or size

In my HTML-file I´ve font = Times New Roman with size = 14
If I want another font :
  1. I´ve to changes this in document/properties and then reconvert?
  2. or does iSiloX convert automaticaly?
  1. I´ve to changes this in document/properties and then reconvert?
  2. or does iSiloX convert automaticaly?
Old 04-23-2004, 05:40 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am not sure if I understand your question. Font names are usually ignored; only font types, like serif, sans-serif, monotype are differentiated. If you change the font type, or the font size, iSiloX will automatically use the new settings when you convert the html file again.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:04 AM   #3
plelkes

Quote:
Font names are usually ignored; only font types, like serif, sans-serif, monotype are differentiated
Excuse my bad english - but aren´t those the same thing?? Or how should I proceed if I want other font* on my handheld compare to that in the HTML-page?
Quote:
iSiloX will automatically use the new settings when you convert the html file again.
  1. change document/properties
  2. reconvert?
Old 04-23-2004, 07:30 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plelkes
Excuse my bad english - but aren´t those the same thing??
Np about your English. I am also still trying to improve my English They are not the same... You may read here about the difference of the various font types.

Quote:
Or how should I proceed if I want other font* on my handheld compare to that in the HTML-page?
  1. change document/properties
  2. reconvert?
I suggest you have a look here which is a collecting thread of iSilo/X Faqs. Especially the 'Font support' sections would be interesting for you, they explains how you can have a different PDA font for your document. To have a different font on your PDA, you don't have to do anything with iSiloX. You can control the PDA font from within iSilo. Again, read the Faqs I think they should help you.

Greets
Alex
Old 04-23-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
plelkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
To have a different font on your PDA, you don't have to do anything with iSiloX. You can control the PDA font from within iSilo
  1. it doesn´t matter witch size and font* I use on my computer
  2. I change those on my handheld only?
  3. are there any possibility to save those changes I done on my handheld?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

1. font size, but font name doesn't. font sizes are interpreteted relatively by iSilo/X, small to big.

2. yes

3. you can select the fonts on your handheld like best, and click on "make default". this way, your chosen fonts will always be used for new documents.