Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Snippet and Metadata

Dear Kovid,

Is it possible to insert metadata using snippet? Sometimes, I'd like to change the Jacket or to insert Goodreads link at the end of the file so that I can quickly go there to rate and comment, before I forget.

Now I only use $1 and $2 to jump around. Maybe I have missed some good functions.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, snippets do not have access to any data about the book. They only know about the text in their templates. Someday I will add a more general macro system to the editor for which it would be possible to define your own arbitrary python code to do things. But not for a while
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote