Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #661
dedy
dedy began at the beginning.

Device: oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That book contains HTML/CSS formatting that is currently unsupported in KFX format.

To fix this you would need to use the calibre ebook editor to edit the book you want to convert. The easiest fix would be to look for and remove the -webkit-box-shadow property, most likely contained in one or more of the stylesheets.

If you are not familiar with calibre's editor, HTML or CSS then you will have some learning to do before you can fix this. It is up to you to decide whether having this book in KFX format is worth the effort.
Thanks! My man @jhowell, always reliable. Took a little fiddling around but finally a have a brand new shiny Kfx.
dedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #662
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Version 1.31.0 - 20 Aug 2019

Detect Kindle Previewer versions up to 3.32.

Internal restructuring.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #663
ayyatusabe
ayyatusabe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for mac
having this issue

Spoiler:

Conversion options changed from defaults:
allow_conversion_with_errors: True
cover: u'/var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/C/calibre_3.46.0_tmp_fK8WYP/ZpggxA.jpeg'
read_metadata_from_opf: u'/var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/C/calibre_3.46.0_tmp_fK8WYP/BIVNo7.opf'
verbose: 2
output_profile: u'kindle'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 3.46.0
{'allow_conversion_with_errors': True,
'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'/var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/C/calibre_3.46.0_tmp_fK8WYP/ZpggxA.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': False,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'epub_version': u'2',
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x10f6e2cd0>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleOutput object at 0x10f6ec3d0>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'/var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/C/calibre_3.46.0_tmp_fK8WYP/BIVNo7.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: KFX Input running
on /var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/C/calibre_3.46.0_tmp_fK8WYP/LDk6yr.kfx-zip
Software versions: KFX Input 1.18.0, calibre 3.46, Darwin-18.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
KFX Input plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290
Converting /var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/C/calibre_3.46.0_tmp_fK8WYP/LDk6yr.kfx-zip
Processing container: B07R7CMXCN_EBOK.azw
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 100, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 195, in convert_from_kfx
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 106, in convert_to_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 160, in decode_book
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 267, in get_container
KFXDRMError: Book container B07R7CMXCN_EBOK.azw has DRM and cannot be converted
Python function terminated unexpectedly: This book has DRM!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/private/var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/80C53FFB-A88A-4C09-B2C2-699CEF78492B/d/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 154, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/private/var/folders/4f/57vk0vc90f37gwvf01n4zxh80000gn/T/AppTranslocation/80C53FFB-A88A-4C09-B2C2-699CEF78492B/d/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 114, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 200, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 42, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 27, in gui_convert
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1110, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 246, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.__init__", line 103, in convert
calibre.ebooks.DRMError: This book has DRM!

Last edited by theducks; 10-06-2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Wrapped LOG in Spoiler tags
ayyatusabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #664
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyatusabe View Post
having this issue
calibre.ebooks.DRMError: This book has DRM!
1) The KFX Output plugin is used to create books in KFX format. It has nothing to do with converting books from KFX. (That is KFX Input.)
--- EDIT: I see you are converting from KFX to KFX. It is the conversion from KFX that is failing.

2) Help with DRM removal is not allowed on MobileRead. Ask at either Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #665
aekalaivan12
aekalaivan12 began at the beginning.

Device: android kindle
Word wrapping

Hi I converted two azw3 files into kfx by this plugin..Actually it converts the book neatly except one minor problem..The word breaking is random..Maybe because of the language?.. Fyi the books I converted are tamil language ones.. I am explaining the the problem with english language as example...If the actual word ends in a line is 'unfortunately' , the kfx output of my file ends with 'unfortu' and begins in he next line with 'nately' ...I hope that I explained my problem clearly...Kindle previewer supports tamil seriff.. Can someone help me with this please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	173954  
aekalaivan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:37 PM   #666
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekalaivan12 View Post
Hi I converted two azw3 files into kfx by this plugin..Actually it converts the book neatly except one minor problem..The word breaking is random..Maybe because of the language?.. Fyi the books I converted are tamil language ones.. I am explaining the the problem with english language as example...If the actual word ends in a line is 'unfortunately' , the kfx output of my file ends with 'unfortu' and begins in he next line with 'nately' ...I hope that I explained my problem clearly...Kindle previewer supports tamil seriff.. Can someone help me with this please?
The only advice I can offer is to make sure that the book to be converted contains the proper language code in both the HTML source and also in the global setting for the book (contained in the OPF in EPUB).
Old 10-06-2019, 01:51 AM   #667
aekalaivan12
aekalaivan12 began at the beginning.

Device: android kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The only advice I can offer is to make sure that the book to be converted contains the proper language code in both the HTML source and also in the global setting for the book (contained in the OPF in EPUB).
Can you please explain it in detail or if there is a link for that please provide it...I dont know anything about codes..I just followed the instructions in the first page...And thank you for this awesome plugin..
aekalaivan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #668
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekalaivan12 View Post
Can you please explain it in detail or if there is a link for that please provide it...I dont know anything about codes..I just followed the instructions in the first page...And thank you for this awesome plugin..
Sorry, I cannot provide detailed instructions. The exact procedure depends on the internal coding of the book.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #669
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.32.0 - 18 Oct 2019

Detect Kindle Previewer versions up to 3.34 and remove support for Previewer versions older than 3.31.

Remove the ".last" CLI function. (This feature is no longer needed since Kindle Previewer version 3.34 can now export KPF format for conversion to KFX.)

Add an option in both GUI and CLI to perform error tolerant conversion. This can sometimes allow conversion to proceed even if the book contains content that cannot be properly converted to KFX format. If this option is selected the result may not display as intended and may be missing content. (Kindle Previewer version 3.34 or later is required.)
Old 10-26-2019, 01:24 AM   #670
hengyu
Enthusiast
hengyu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2016
I have a book that doesn't convert because of some unsupported Unicode character.

It opens fine in Kindle Previewer though and normally I would try the CLI with the last opened to generate the KFX, but it looks like you've removed that functionality with the update.

I cannot export to kpf using Previewer, only .mobi and .azk for this book, for some reason. Any suggestions?
hengyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #671
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengyu View Post
I cannot export to kpf using Previewer, only .mobi and .azk for this book, for some reason. Any suggestions?
If you are running the latest Previewer version, 3.34, and it does not offer export in KPF format that means that the Previewer failed to convert the book for Enhanced Typesetting. Even if the "last" function was still available it would not be able to do anything with that book.

My suggestion is to use the calibre editor to fix whatever is causing the conversion to fail. This will be a trial and error process.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #672
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.33.0 - 03 Nov 2019

Ignore extraneous data in KPF files produced by Kindle Create version 1.32. (Fixes "Referenced fragment is missing from book").
Old 11-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #673
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, @jhowell

Does KFX support SVG images? Got this error when trying to convert an EPUB with two svg images in it.

Code:
calibre, version 4.2.0
ERRO: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Alice
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error:E06402: SVG images are not currently supported.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #674
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Hi, @jhowell

Does KFX support SVG images? Got this error when trying to convert an EPUB with two svg images in it.

Code:
calibre, version 4.2.0
ERRO: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Alice
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error:E06402: SVG images are not currently supported.
You have your answer in the error message.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #675
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have your answer in the error message.
Yes. I know the error message says that. I just want to confirm if that is a general case or some specific error. I convert all my books to KFX before sending to my Kindle. I never got this error before, so I thought it could be something more specific, instead of all svgs.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine