Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
On Walmart a picture of the the Libra

Clicking on the Libra picture doesn't go anywhere, but I've finally found some indication that Walmart may soon be selling Kobo Libras. Although this looks like a pre-order ad, which (probably) they shouldn't need now.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/books...252253_1642575

I guess that's something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobolibra.png
Views:	411
Size:	601.2 KB
ID:	173481  

Last edited by rcentros; 09-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
No way to Pre-order from Walmart. I was hoping they had a better pictures of it tho.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:59 AM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
...I've finally found some indication that Walmart may soon be selling Kobo Libras.
It never occurred to me they wouldn't. Walmart is Kobo's US partner. They might not be a very good partner, but still...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:50 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
It never occurred to me they wouldn't. Walmart is Kobo's US partner. They might not be a very good partner, but still...
I figured the Libra would go up on the Walmart site (for pre-order) the same time they started taking pre-orders on Kobo's site (the 10th). Was surprised not to see it there (still not there). The "launch" is tomorrow. You would think it would be up on Walmart's site by now.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:27 AM   #5
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop;3890651Walmart [I
is[/I] Kobo's US partner.
I can't find an option on kobo's website to buy direct from kobo anymore.
The US version of the page goes directly to walmart's kobo page when I try to buy.

Edit: looking at the site next day, it's been updated and direct buy is there again.

Last edited by compurandom; 09-16-2019 at 07:34 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Clicking on the Libra picture doesn't go anywhere, but I've finally found some indication that Walmart may soon be selling Kobo Libras. Although this looks like a pre-order ad, which (probably) they shouldn't need now.

I guess that's something.
Thanks , I guess I'm still hoping that they will have one on display. I don't know why since the walmart closest to me has never had any Kobo's on display. Just book cards. I guess hope never dies.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:29 AM   #7
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Well, darn. The picture is of a white one but the one they've just put up for sale is black.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #8
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
The price is $179.99 from Walmart. That is strange. It still says $169.99 from Kobo.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Well, darn. The picture is of a white one but the one they've just put up for sale is black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
The price is $179.99 from Walmart. That is strange. It still says $169.99 from Kobo.
And here I was thinking they might be slightly cheaper when bought directly from Kobo's U.S. partner. I'm guessing they don't have white Libras yet because supply is still limited. Almost seems like Walmart has the lowest priority in Kobo's supply chain.

On the plus side, if I wanted one of these I could have it by Thursday.

EDIT: And now when I enter www.kobo.com, I'm redirected to Walmart. A workaround for that (not sure how I found it) is using https://us.kobobooks.com/

Last edited by rcentros; 09-17-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #10
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
And here I was thinking they might be slightly cheaper when bought directly from Kobo's U.S. partner. I'm guessing they don't have white Libras yet because supply is still limited. Almost seems like Walmart has the lowest priority in Kobo's supply chain.

On the plus side, if I wanted one of these I could have it by Thursday.

EDIT: And now when I enter www.kobo.com, I'm redirected to Walmart. A workaround for that (not sure how I found it) is using https://us.kobobooks.com/
I can't find the Libra anywhere on walmart.com. Maybe they're sold out already?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I can't find the Libra anywhere on walmart.com. Maybe they're sold out already?
The only way I can find it is with a Google search. Which is kind of silly. At any any rate, here's the link.

Or...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Libra-Black/762957906
Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #12
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
And they are only selling Black. Darn it!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #13
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Based on my limited experience ordering from Walmart's website (have bought only a few things there over the years) I think that maybe for an item that's selling quickly, instead of keeping the listing up but marking it "out of stock" when it's out of stock they temporarily remove the listing.

I remember years ago buying an electronics item that was hard to find and frequently sold out - it would come and go on the Walmart site, you had to grab it while it was there if you wanted it.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
White is now available. Black is not.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
White is now available. Black is not.
Looks like black is available again... and it's actually at $169.99 instead of $179.99.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Libra-Black/762957906

Will wonders never cease?

And, in case you're having trouble finding these on Walmart's site... here's the link to the white one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Libr...hite/359341062

Either of these can be picked up at my local Walmart on Saturday — so I guess they're finally in the Walmart pipeline. (Though they're still not listed on the "normal" Kobo device link.)

Last edited by rcentros; 09-19-2019 at 02:44 PM.