Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
Question about Epubs on Astak devices

Hi,

I'm considering buying a EZ reader or PocketPro. I have an Aluratek Libre I like very much, except there is no TOC support. Does the epub renderer have support for TOC use?

I really want to be able to go to chapter x from any place in the book.
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm6383 View Post
Hi,

I'm considering buying a EZ reader or PocketPro. I have an Aluratek Libre I like very much, except there is no TOC support. Does the epub renderer have support for TOC use?

Yes, the Astak has good TOC support for ePUB including multi-level TOC support.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hi,

Not all EPUB books have the same type of TOC
There is the "inline TOC" that you see on a page, similar to what is in a book. (basically HTML jumps)
Then there is a a NCX based index that the PEz uses when you press the "Catalog" key.

If you have epubreader, Firefox plug-in installed, you will see the chapter list in a sidebar.
If you use Calibre viewer, there is "page icon" button, above the "Info" button that will show the TC.
My experience is if it is good there, it is good on my PEz.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Has fine TOC for EPUB and a lot more

Quote:
Hi,

Dear jjm6383:

I work for Astak and I hope you do buy either the EZ Reader or Pocket PRO.

You will find a fine TOC support for EPUB with either.

You will also find some great pluses with these as well:

20 formats, support for 26 languages, a user-replaceable rechargeable battery, SD card slot, and the crush-resistant leather case with magnetic clasp and ear buds are included in the price!

Right now there is a fine deal on the 6 inch EZ reader!! Normally $229, it is now on sale at $199 and includes a 2GB SD card, 700 classics pre-loaded, and a FREE Bestseller (one of the longest on the charts: "The Girl with the Chinese Taatoo") all included. There is a separate thread on here today to provide all the details!

I certainly hope you do join our merry band of Astak lovers!! Thank you for posting!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote