Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #16
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
The cover looks really nice and the price is good. Allthough I anticipate that for the total $ and all the stuff you get the quality won't be that good. This doesn't mean I think it's cheap, but maybe just not that high quality. But I could be wrong too.

One thing I don't like about 3rd party covers is, that it's generic to fit different readers. I really like the sonys book style cover (like the front cover and the back folding away from the reader) instead of the little thingies going over the readers edges.

I wished sony would offer more than 2 cover styles in different colors. I've allready bought some fabric and will make kind of a pouch for my cover.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
. I've allready bought some fabric and will make kind of a pouch for my cover.
That is a good idea! It will keep the dust away. Very good.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #18
JanieB
Enthusiast
JanieB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
I've allready bought some fabric and will make kind of a pouch for my cover.
If you're feeling crafty, here's a DIY fabric/chipboard cover. This shows the Kindle, but there's directions for other reads too.
JanieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #19
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

JanieB, do you have a link for that?

The fabric I bought is dark brown and I plan on using cardboard to extend the rim of the cover a little. So I'll also have some room for some "design stitching" in white or gold. The plan is that the cover for the cover can be taken off again, too.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #20
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I've been folding mine every day for over a year now with no signs of wear or stress. If it should begin to look a bit on the thin side, I'll just glue a strip of chamois or suede over it and it should be good for another few years!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #21
JanieB
Enthusiast
JanieB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Doh!! So sorry...I don't know how I missed adding the link. Here you go -
Custom Kindle Cover
JanieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #22
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've been folding mine every day for over a year now with no signs of wear or stress. If it should begin to look a bit on the thin side, I'll just glue a strip of chamois or suede over it and it should be good for another few years!

Stitchawl
good idea. that will look nicer than duct tape!
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Mike_73
Guru

JanieB, thanks for the link
I especially liked the striped design allthough I have a dark brown one. I just thought it looks more appropriate for a guy.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #24
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooker View Post
good idea. that will look nicer than duct tape!
I can buy a beautiful piece of chamois leather at any automotive supply store for less than $10. A little bit of spray adhesive onto the cover of 'anything' and you can lay on the leather easily, making a complete cover should that be wanted instead of just a strip at the hinge. The chamois is so thin that if you leave an inch of overlap, you can fold it inside without adding any bulk, but at the same time, it's a very strong leather and will give many years of service. I added a small pocket inside the back cover of my reader to hold and notes I might want to add.

But this is just covering the cover. To protect the reader 'in transit,' I made a carrying pouch out of two computer notepad covers I found in a discount computer shop. I've placed one inside the other. The inner one is a very resilient rubber (to protect from vibration) and the outer one is a much firmer foam (to protect from impact.) Together these are about 1/2 inch larger than the reader itself, and fit into the outside pocket of my shoulder bag. I leave the top of the pouch(es) open and can just drop the reader in when I'm ready to move. If I know that I'm going to be in some sort of high impact transit (airlines or large crowds) I slip a thin sheet of rigid plastic between to two pouches, front and back. This makes the case just about bomb-proof.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote